• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do you guys deal with physical symptoms of anxiety?

I

igotthis

I feel lightheaded and get headaches. I think I’m going to faint all the time. My feet gets tingly. My ears do some weird twitching. I can’t sit for so long without my head spinning. I have heart palpitations. My arms and eyes twitch. I get jaw pain sometimes. Every time there’s a problem I think the worse and go to the hospital. I just want to be myself again 🥺

SL01

SL01

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I get headaches frequently. I have trouble sitting still, I get tension in my jaw as well, my hand gets clammy, I get chills, and I have trouble eating. I have trouble sleeping too. Sometimes my heart rate seem to increase. Lastly, I get irritated or upset easily. The physicals symptoms of anxiety make it that much harder.
It’s easy to assume the worse. I understand what you’re going through completely though. Hang in there, and remember that we’re always here for you! :)

M

Mel123

I get restless, chills, hot flashes, muscle pain... It's hard to deal with it all but I normally do. Keep on keeping on.

J

Julie41

I feel lightheaded and get headaches. I think I’m going to faint all the time. My feet gets tingly. My ears do some weird twitching. I can’t sit for so long without my head spinning. I have heart palpitations. My arms and eyes twitch. I get jaw pain sometimes. Every time there’s a problem I think the worse and go to the hospital. I just want to be myself again 🥺
Hi
These all sound like typical anxiety symptoms
I too panic and think I’m gonna die - hate being alone
Always have a woozy/ lightheaded head
Muscle twitches - shaky - wobbly legs - palpitations- restless- disturbed sleep- chills / Hot and the list goes on
I’m on meds & have had CBT therapy
Have you seen your GP ? X

Faith198

Faith198

Hey I suffer with really bad panic attacks and if I’m lucky I can get through them every now and then. I would really recommend some medicine. There’s some nonaddictive medications out there for panic attacks and they work pretty well. It’s like a one time dose, not like an antidepressant. I would ask about Hydroxyzine. If you don’t want to go the medication route, I’d recommend trying breathing exercises and placing a cool towel on your forehead. Drink some water too. Idk why but that helps calm me down sometimes

M

Monki123

My therapist recommends a technique called "grounding." It works somewhat. Maybe Google it.

T

timi0000

I would recommend meditation where you focus on your breathing. This really allowed my anxiety to go down a lot. I would also highly recommend reading the book "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle and APPLYING the principles he speaks of.

L

Laudanum

I guess you could cope with them if you knew 100% they were just anxiety, but there's always the thought in the back of your mind they aren't. However, yours do sound just like anxiety.

R

RedYeti

Box breathing - really helps with the physical symptoms

breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 4, out for 4, hold for 4. And repeat.
It helps switch which part of the nervous system is active, it helps me gain more control of my breathing and heart rate.

Or I exercise - usually play basketball

or I smoke some weed

Peace

D

dc86uk

I found that mindfulness worked for me. Awareness of the situation and the feeling of the body. Also, i found personally that challenging the feeling worked. I have terrible anxiety relating to a heart attack, I get chest pains, arm pains, fast breathing and dizziness and I just sit there saying go on then, do it, do what it is you want. Then it sort of loses it's power over you as you realise nothing is happening. Takes time though to build this up.

Hope you feel better soon,

Dave

N

Nate

I get light headed with heart palpitations. I sometimes feel like I have to go to the hospital so I know you're struggle.

S

Shay94

I'm finding it hard to cope with my anxiety atm. Hot flashes happen a bit if I'm suddenly thrown into a situation bout myself but in general, my heart seems to feel like its increasing & that its going burst out of my chest atm. I'm struggling to keep myself calm & sane due to family issues, I feel like crying but nothing comes out. I feel like just losing my shit n wish someone would look after me for once instead of it always being other way around

M

Manda74

I'm finding it hard to cope with my anxiety atm. Hot flashes happen a bit if I'm suddenly thrown into a situation bout myself but in general, my heart seems to feel like its increasing & that its going burst out of my chest atm. I'm struggling to keep myself calm & sane due to family issues, I feel like crying but nothing comes out. I feel like just losing my shit n wish someone would look after me for once instead of it always being other way around
Hi lovely,

Try and go for a walk are listen to some music. I get like that, but do cry alot.
x

S

Shay94

Hi lovely,

Try and go for a walk are listen to some music. I get like that, but do cry alot.
x
Thank you. I did take my dog out for a walk last night, just needed little time to myself as I'd been looking after my sisters all weekend due to family issues going on. I have my headphones plugged in every night to help me sleep as well when my mind is going in overdrive

daddyspader

daddyspader

I tend to get a tight feeling in my chest, upset feeling in stomach, racing thoughts, 'crawly' feeling in my skin, restless, irritable. Those are the main symptoms I tend to get. Box breathing can be a big help (breathe in for a count of 4, hold for count of 4, breathe out for count of 4, hold for count of 4), and so can temperature (I use cold water or ice on my face and neck). Being in a dark atmosphere is a big help, also. I also have an object from childhood I tend to keep with me at all times that I hold when I can. On the rare occasion, I will hold/lightly squeeze my cat to my chest, and smell her fur. (I don't want to terrorize her lol) I hope this helps others. ❤