• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do you get someone to stop being your favourite person?

B

Bunnie_mother

So months ago my church made my favourite person (who also goes to my church) block me on social media to try to stop me from being so attached to him. I'm really suffering and haven't felt happiness since. All I want to do is to talk to him. I miss him soooo much and I'm really suffering with a horrible, empty depressed feeling.

Is there any way to make him not be my favourite person anymore so I can get rid of this suffering?

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

Hi . Welcome to the forum . I'm sure there are people on here that will have great suggestions .. just a heads up that there is a lot more people (more knowledge) online around 6 to 10 pm UK time . Sending hugs your way .

N

Nukelavee

So months ago my church made my favourite person (who also goes to my church) block me on social media to try to stop me from being so attached to him. I'm really suffering and haven't felt happiness since. All I want to do is to talk to him. I miss him soooo much and I'm really suffering with a horrible, empty depressed feeling.

Is there any way to make him not be my favourite person anymore so I can get rid of this suffering?

Time, and distraction. In my experience.

I know how you feel. for me, what works is having something to do or concentrate on during the periods of the day I usually was with my FP, or talking to them. Once you break that habit, and they aren't always on your mind, it begins to fade faster.

I

Ihavecontrolofthebeast

Distraction is key. Get yourself engrossed in something. Persevere with your feelings and they will start to subside noticeably in about 3 weeks x

W

WhySoSerious

I think the main strategy here is to give yourself additional "non FP" activities and people so that you don't have to rely solely on the FP. The more legs you have under your table top the more likely you can cope if one gets wobbly and falls off!

B

Bunnie_mother

Thanks everyone! :) I think I would struggle less if it wasn't for lockdown and stuff. I feel like not having uni to focus on during this time has been really bad for me as I have nothing to occupy my brain with and all I can think of is him and what happened. :(

W

WhySoSerious

That makes complete sense especially at the moment. Just remember not to slip into logical/reasonable mind at the expense of feeling emotions.

wraziel

wraziel

Is hard. I changed my confident by a dude. I damaged her too much.