• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How Do You Get Referred ?

K

KidA

Can somebody please explain, what could possibly be wrong with me. Doctors won't refer me unless I stab myself in the heart with a HB pencil. I'm a overgrown boy in his late twenties who gets treated like a teenager going through the usual 'phase'. I've been on and off now for over a decade and they still won't refer me. I have to wait for drugs (that don't work) to start working. It's always the same, 'Come back next month and we'll see how you've been'.

I suffer from Asperger's Syndrome, Manic Depression, Anorexia Nervosa, Social Phobia and lots of other goodies with abbreviated names. I have to diagnose and treat myself because doctors want to fill me up with Tic-Tacs. It costs them money and time to refer me and they don't want to take that chance on me because I might just be 'a little bit down'.

I have to fill out a forms on my state of mind, when really the only way of getting anything done is to sit on a bridge and wait for the police to arrive.

I'm running out of options that they just don't have in Smilies.
Any suggestions?

martyn6291

martyn6291

HI!

Hi mate!

I know what you mean about the referral business....i went to a PCAT nurse who told me to "log on" to their website for help!...cheers!!!...online psyciatric help...nice 1!

im unsure mate what else to suggest!

iffybob

iffybob

Oy.....

cheers!!!...online psyciatric help...nice 1!
There is a come back in that staitment..........:p

Can you see where it is yet........ :innocent:........ boB....(y)

martyn6291

martyn6291

lol!

Yeah your right...im thinking theres more sense on this site than there is from PCAT..who are supposed to be trained in it all...my issue is that they just palm us off with crap...when good folks here are willing to share!

iffybob

iffybob

No prob

Sorry I just had too, I am bord, and it was there.......

I can see the point of online help even from the PCT/NHS/CMHT but once it has been assessed that it would be "helpful" to "you".

One way I can see its use is that many of us do the night owl thing, outside office hours..... when many do not want to work.....

also that some of us need the distance from the emotion of being in the same room as some one else, or even that we find it difficult to "speek" at times.

I will not say that such a system is without merit, but its use "should" be limited.