• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do you find motivation?

R

RedYeti

I’m in my last year of uni, I’ve been in a bit of a bad depression since sometime during last summer. I’ve really being trying to sort myself out (seeing a counsellor, on antidepressants, exercising everyday and stuff) but I just can’t seem to find any motivation to finish of the last of my work, it’s like my brains empty. Anyone got any advice on ways to motivate myself???

F

FindingMyself_85

I’m in my last year of uni, I’ve been in a bit of a bad depression since sometime during last summer. I’ve really being trying to sort myself out (seeing a counsellor, on antidepressants, exercising everyday and stuff) but I just can’t seem to find any motivation to finish of the last of my work, it’s like my brains empty. Anyone got any advice on ways to motivate myself???
I can definitely relate to that feeling. One minute you have the motivation to get things done and then the next you lose it. I was feeling really low this morning, lack of motivation, and overall just feeling blah. Nothing triggered the emotion, just woke up in that kind of mood. I came on the forum and started reading other posts and I felt motivated to encourage another individual and that helped me somehow come out of that mood. Encouraging and motivating others can help encourage and motivate you :)

J

jaycuttler27

i am unmotivated also, unmotivated for every task, i am so lazy I just feel like sleeping and watching tv.
I have no motivation to write college degree, i am unhappy beacuse i didnt finish college but in the last 7 years I didnt get motivation to finish it, I am a plain worker in a warehouse and feeling sorry to myself beacuse i didnt achieve my goal to find better work and finish college. I am a type of person who is never happy, first I was unhappy being alone then i found a wife and now i am unhappy beacuse the newborn baby is driving me nuts with the screaming, i dont have patience to listen and i feel it is like I allways fail at everything, so yeah should i take meds or just i dont know, my mind feels blured allready from previous meds so its useless.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
It must be hard having lack of sleep, because of the baby.
Is she/he bottle fed or breast fed? Some formulas can make baby very colicky/windy.
Do you have nurses that visit mum and baby where you are?
Baby will get better with sleeping and the screaming.
Is this your first baby?
Try to take regular breaks when studying, eat good things it helps with energy.
Do a study plan, of what you intend to do each day.
Your going thru a very stressful time, try to find time to relax to.
Take care