• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do you feel after CBT?

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

Just had my third session. I felt like I achieved little in the first. The second was a lot better but I came out feeling drained and withdrawn after it. In the third session we talked about some things which I found difficult. I now feel extremely angry and agitated. Has anybody else had similar experiences?

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Its usually tears, migraines, sore neck and shoulders with me!! Sometimes for days afterwards!! Is it worth it? Ask me again in a few months!!!:LOL:
Hope things go better with your next session but my advice is to stick with it, you never know, it might just work then it will be worth the crappy few months:hug:

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

I think it is working. Just the emotional rollercoaster that goes with it.

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

I have a sore shoulder too! It is a sports injury though. Killing me it is. :(

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Are you getting physio?? I had it before and it was great. Unfortunately my shoulders are just constantly sore with anxiety now but when it was repetitive strain the physio really helped. If you're stressed out it won't make the sports injury any better though. How often are you getting CBT? I'm getting it every 2 weeks.

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

I managed to do something called dynamic yoga by accident on Sunday. Hoping it is just an aching muscle.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
By accident?? Sounds interesting!!! Not sure if I want to know or not!! I'm intrigued!!

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

Yeah, I had never done yoga before. Knew a bit about it and expected it to be quite straightforward. Went with a friend who had done it before. Was finding it really hard work. When we came out they told me it was never like that and since found out what it was. The hardest excercise thing I have ever done. I am actually finding it hard to type as my shoulder aches so much. I can however see the funny side of it. Thankfully.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Tearful, drained, shocked, a whole range of emotion but generally when I have settled down a little - I am glad that I went through with it.

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

That is what I am hoping for keepsafe. The urge to go to the pub and down vast quantities of booze was massive. Settled for a pizza instead. :)

S

SmileyGirl

Was wondering myself about CBT, thanks for bringing it up. It'll be interesting to see more people's responses (the one's here are very good so far!)

keepsafe

keepsafe

Well done, its a hard drag I would say. I am glad you have managed to stay off the booze, not a good idea when you are feeling so raw, although sometimes I do have a drink after, nothing major though

KS

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

The pizza was rubbish. Back to healthy food tomorrow. Still better than six pints.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Yeah better than six pints. Did you just have the c.b.t. tonight?

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

It's definitely worth it Smiley. I am going to leave my phone at home next week though. I keep making stupid phone calls after.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Depression Forum 5
B Depression Forum 4
R Depression Forum 4
I Depression Forum 5
I Depression Forum 4