• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How do you describe schizophrenia

P

Phoory

The first time I had psychosis, I also hide that voices from everybody. I didn't tell my fams and friends, I isolated myself until 3 months. Living with that voices for 3 months and finally that voices command me to tell my grandma and they want me to say that am I crazy. So I followed their comman and being told but I'm still afraid to take medication because it's like everybody's know what's going on to me and I think everybody can read my mind. I'm so confused meet with peoples after 3 month live alone but I'm so tired with that situation because that voices was frightening. So I promise to myself that I will accept everything might be happens in my life no matter how bad is it. And then it's like a month after I take medication, I finally realize that nobody knows what is going on with me and what I've been experienced for a couple of months.

Conclusion: living with that voices is such as nightmares, they're bothering me every times and didn't stop. But now I'm glad that I don't hear that voices again.
Sorry there's a lotta grammar mistake so I rewrite it again because I edit it or delete.

The first time I had psychosis, I also hid those voices from everybody. I didn't tell my fams and friends, I isolated myself until 3 months. Living with those voices for 3 months and finally those voices command me to tell my grandma and they want me to say that I am crazy. So I followed their comman and being told, but I'm still afraid to take medication because it's like everybody knows what's going on to me and I think everybody can read my mind. I'm so confused about meeting people after 3 months living alone, but I'm so tired of that situation because those voices were frightening. So I promise to myself that I will accept everything that might happen in my life no matter how bad it is. And then it's like a month after I took medication. I finally realize that nobody knows what is going on with me and what I've been experiencing for a couple of months.

Conclusion: living with those voices is such as nightmares, they're bothering me every time and didn't stop. But now I'm glad that I don't hear those voices again.

S

squizofrenia123

Schizophrenia is hell. The psychotic breakdowns, homelessness, loss of jobs, loss of relationships, loss of trust, etc. I would not want anybody else to go through the hell I've been through, not even on my worst enemies. I feel blessed now that my medication is working, but my memories are still intact. Thank goodness for my medication. I can work now and be independent.

mirrorImage123

mirrorImage123

Dream State

negative or positive

between heaven and hell

opens all doors within the mind

felt like a spiritual awaking / seeing with your third eye open

R

rosesareblue

I have been diagnose with schizophrenia, and I am not sure if I had a schizophrenia or comorbid PTSD because I have a flash backs from what happened to me in the past and from what I see before. I am not delusion or hallucinate. And this the reason I asked what is schizophrenia and how do you describe it for people who may have experienced or know how to describe it. And I really appreciate for your answers.

L

llittlelostlady

Very well said. But if I sleep, I have no symptoms. Which makes schizophrenia episodic, not constantly present. Even if I have a crisis at 6 months, if I take pills for 1 week and the problems because of which I did not sleep are solved, the psychosis disappears. So there should be such an option - to stop the medication and start them only if the symptoms appear immediately.
The only way i can stop these voices is to drink and I don't really want to drink anymore as my liver is starting to suffer. I used to be a health and fitness nut and I miss it.

I am frightened of medication as I am very physically sensitive to things and as an autistic person I don't get the expected response from them...They effect me in the opposite way to how they are supposed to.

I am frightened as I am not used to this.

I am nearly 46, I Have only been getting this kind of thing for 3 years with no back history.

Where the hell did it come from?

It rides on the back of a bike accident (a hit and run where I was knocked off my cycle by a car driver) and a substance abuse issue.

I try to stop the booze but they go quiet when I drink but then get noisy when I stop. About 2 to 3 days after ceasing alcohol consumption they are terrible...

After a month away from the booze they are quieter but still not gone

How did this happen?

L

llittlelostlady

I have been diagnose with schizophrenia, and I am not sure if I had a schizophrenia or comorbid PTSD because I have a flash backs from what happened to me in the past and from what I see before. I am not delusion or hallucinate. And this the reason I asked what is schizophrenia and how do you describe it for people who may have experienced or know how to describe it. And I really appreciate for your answers.
I am new to this myself but I quote your post in the hopes that others with more experience answer it.

xx

L

llittlelostlady

Dream State

negative or positive

between heaven and hell

opens all doors within the mind

felt like a spiritual awaking / seeing with your third eye open
You should work this into a full poem.

I like it.

L

llittlelostlady

The worst harrasment in your life and mind tricks from evil people calling me evil
My voices think they are evil but actually they sound funny and cute sometimes...when they are not being vicious they amuse me. They can be blinking funny, although they tell me off for saying so...

I just got told to f' off

L

llittlelostlady

Sometimes I like to wind them up and they keep calling me a defective puppet.

Ah well such is life...defective is fine by me.

L

llittlelostlady

They think i have just embarrassed them...

Well its not intentional, i can be fond of them sometimes when they are not so pesky.

I call them my peskies
They call me their puppet

We have one hell of a weird relationship

T

toto

When schizophrenia comes after a physical injury, you may have a cyst in your brain that causes you to have symptoms. This is treated with surgery. Otherwise, I have no symptoms if I sleep. That is, now I drink 2 mg of melatonin and it works for me, I sleep well and I am stable. I hope to stay that way, because that will mean that I really only have sleep problems. And I will keep my job.