• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How do you describe schizophrenia

R

rosesareblue

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

I describe schizophrenia as something that we need to adapt or adjust to. It's only bad when I let my thoughts wander into the realms of delusion.

living in a whole other reality while living in the same reality with those whose brains can not comprehend what is all around them
I hear that.

S

skbhagwan

My wife is diagnosed with schizophrenia. When I see her I find that there is separation of physical and mental world. It is as if as she lives with us physically but mentally in some other world where there is no logic.

E

Eugene1988

Nightmare full of restrictions. It would be better to get an end of it as soon as possible. Hope there is a other life after death.

T

toto

I do not believe that voices are demons. I believe that this is a super self-irony that the patient shows to himself. Because of insomnia and problems in reality, you start to feel unreal and then you perceive the negative attitude towards yourself as a telepathic connection with someone. The main thing in this disease is the belief in the paranormal. If you don't believe, psychosis stops when you feel safe, which is impossible if you believe that the devil or Jesus is persecuting you.

ht46

ht46

When I was psychotic it was unbearable, it started with silly voices in my head and thinking I could fly. Then the voices became evil from people I knew previously, then lost touch with my surroundings I think its called derealisation and I started seeing things, then it was just intrusive thoughts and voices as I adjusted to the meds. I don't suffer from voices anymore just paranoia and think I can communicate with people on tv etc if I go without booze for to long psychosis comes back. I'm mostly good though learning about the stigma and reality of being diagnosed.

L

llittlelostlady

Noisey voices that can yap too much but which are sometimes funny and some times not. But them I am also auitistic as well so i Find things amusing where NTs do not.

My voices are programmed for a narcissist it seems, that is what they keep telling mel They want a narcissitic puppet.

I feel sad for them as that is not me.

I like to protect my puppet miesters as they are special to me.

L

llittlelostlady

But I am autistic as well....

Sorry pissed typing

L

llittlelostlady

but they keep telling me to stop it.

tough,sometimes they can be adorable.

L

llittlelostlady

if my voices are demons I have pissed them the fuck off.

love em' to bits