• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How do you deal with your agoraphobia?

Carol1952

Carol1952

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I asks because i have server agoraphobia i havent been out to anyplace in over a year.It is way to scary for me to even go outside.I have tried but i cannot go out

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

im sorry you struggle to go out ,i walk my dog so at least i have that x
do you have much company at home? have you tried counselling at home or by phone?
i wish the best for you and hope you find a way of getting out soon x

Carol1952

Carol1952

ACCOUNT CLOSED
im sorry you struggle to go out ,i walk my dog so at least i have that x
do you have much company at home? have you tried counselling at home or by phone?
i wish the best for you and hope you find a way of getting out soon x
I have a good friend who will sit with me for an hour or maybe sometimes less it depends o her job that is about it.Everytime i tried to talk to a shrink they just sit there and tell me i have to get out more.ya like how am i suppose to do that .I miss my husband he will be gone 16 years.He was a great help when he was alive sometimes.because there were times he would yell at me because i couldnt leave the house.I use to sit outside i cant now i just get anxious outside.

Jolly

Jolly

Can you manage a step outside and then again later. Baby steps at first. Do you have a therapist you can talk to about it. If you put a foot outside that is a massive improvement for you and something to be proud of. Wish I could help more.

Carol1952

Carol1952

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Can you manage a step outside and then again later. Baby steps at first. Do you have a therapist you can talk to about it. If you put a foot outside that is a massive improvement for you and something to be proud of. Wish I could help more.
thank you i use to be able to go outside i think part of it is because i nave trouble getting outside with my wheel chair,

Jolly

Jolly

Sorry did not realise you were in a wheelchair. Have you got good neighbours that can help

Carol1952

Carol1952

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry did not realise you were in a wheelchair. Have you got good neighbours that can help
That is okay no my neighbors wont do a thing,i fell once hit my head on the edge of my tv entertainment center i screamed for about a half hour nobody came and my window was open lucky for me i was able to push myself up.

L

Ladyfair

Hi Carol, I have a difficult time going out. I know how difficult it can be. I make apps than cancel I get bad anxiety when I have to go to doctors. I just wait until I can do it.❤

Jolly

Jolly

I would have been there like a shot. Our neighbours are quiet but if they need anything we will help. We are spaced out a lot and mostly they are elderly. One neighbour her husband had fell outside (he was not well anyway) so I went down the lane and somehow got him back up and managed to get him in the house and sat down. He was a very big man. Goodness knows how I managed it. Gave her my telephone number. She used to ring quite often as she could not manage to get him off the toilet so off I would go. I and hubby helped as much as possible. I feel so sad that some people just don’t care and are very selfish. Personally I think the world has changed a lot from years ago. Bless you. Just keep your chin up. You are a strong person

Carol1952

Carol1952

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Carol, I have a difficult time going out. I know how difficult it can be. I make apps than cancel I get bad anxiety when I have to go to doctors. I just wait until I can do it.❤
It is a shame that doctors dont seem to understand we cannot go and see them because of our illness it stinks

Carol1952

Carol1952

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I wish the doctors would understand but they dont.assault.jpg

Zero One

Zero One

Hello Carol,

To handle mine I either just go against my fear full force or I take two hydroxyzine and then I am okay.

Amazingly

Amazingly

I rarely go to public places by myself.
I’ll usually go out with someone I trust like my father.
I still have agoraphobia but it’s gotten better over the years.
I no longer suffer with panic disorder.
I sometimes take some Klonopin when I go to public places.
This helps a bit.