• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do you deal with voices ?

G

GTP

I've read a technique used by Hello513 where he would make them recite "I'm a little teapot." if they didn't shut up. I will post a list down here of what I have tried.
  • Identify your attacker. Know his or her name, status, workplace and motives. If you have actually done something wrong, mentally apologise. Visualise your attacker smiling or shaking hands with you.
  • You can only hold one idea in your conscious mind. Place it on something that’s good for you, that you control . The idea in your mind has to be beneficial for you and others. For example , hold the idea that you have to breathe in and out and to follow that breath in order to gain relaxation. Don’t waste your concentration and the one-idea-space o frustration.

• Visualise a white light coming through your crown chakra and bathing you like a river flowing from heaven.
  • Say mentally : „I want you to leave me alone.” Add a reason to it to make it stronger such as „...because you are doing a wrong thing.” Or you can say „I desire that you leave me alone.” Or „I desire this to stop.” . Or „I am not amused” or „I am confident that this is a joke.”
  • Make plans and stick to them: Follow a diet, say you will write something beautiful for 5 minutes every day and stick to it or work out.
  • Know the truth about yourself – what you eat , how you interact with people , what your life goals are , what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths, what you like, what you dislike, what you remember pleasantly etc.
  • Think positively. Imagine yourself on a beach with the waves smashing against the shore. Feel the sand underneath your feet and say „I want this.” Get creative. Have fun. Psychic attack thrives on negative emotions so avoid them. Everything is going to be okay. Be grateful and celebrate.
  • Ask God for help. „God, I want you to help me repell this.” (in a civilized and respectful tone).
  • Laugh at the psychic attacker and at the negative thoughts. Ironize and crack jokes on him or her.
  • Use logic and DEMAND PROOF THAT SOMETHING BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Use reasoning. „If I am a smart guy/girl with good principles and intelligence then how can I do something like that or something like that happen to me or why should I feel like that?”

Hello513

Hello513

I've read a technique used by Hello513 where he would make them recite "I'm a little teapot." if they didn't shut up. I will post a list down here of what I have tried.
  • Identify your attacker. Know his or her name, status, workplace and motives. If you have actually done something wrong, mentally apologise. Visualise your attacker smiling or shaking hands with you.
  • You can only hold one idea in your conscious mind. Place it on something that’s good for you, that you control . The idea in your mind has to be beneficial for you and others. For example , hold the idea that you have to breathe in and out and to follow that breath in order to gain relaxation. Don’t waste your concentration and the one-idea-space o frustration.

• Visualise a white light coming through your crown chakra and bathing you like a river flowing from heaven.
  • Say mentally : „I want you to leave me alone.” Add a reason to it to make it stronger such as „...because you are doing a wrong thing.” Or you can say „I desire that you leave me alone.” Or „I desire this to stop.” . Or „I am not amused” or „I am confident that this is a joke.”
  • Make plans and stick to them: Follow a diet, say you will write something beautiful for 5 minutes every day and stick to it or work out.
  • Know the truth about yourself – what you eat , how you interact with people , what your life goals are , what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths, what you like, what you dislike, what you remember pleasantly etc.
  • Think positively. Imagine yourself on a beach with the waves smashing against the shore. Feel the sand underneath your feet and say „I want this.” Get creative. Have fun. Psychic attack thrives on negative emotions so avoid them. Everything is going to be okay. Be grateful and celebrate.
  • Ask God for help. „God, I want you to help me repell this.” (in a civilized and respectful tone).
  • Laugh at the psychic attacker and at the negative thoughts. Ironize and crack jokes on him or her.
  • Use logic and DEMAND PROOF THAT SOMETHING BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Use reasoning. „If I am a smart guy/girl with good principles and intelligence then how can I do something like that or something like that happen to me or why should I feel like that?”

Well this is I think the first time I have ever been cited on this forum, or maybe anywhere. For the record I do not believe the voices are real. Niether do I subscribe to any religion whatsoever. I would classify myself as an agnostic deist.

As far as using logic and demanding evidence for their claims I quite agree. Its a tactic I actually developed before making them recite what I wanted.

I found them to be constant liars so eventually I started demmanding evidence for their bullshit, but I would not say I ever prayed.

I have not prayed in years not since before my first psychotic episode.

G

GTP

I understand. I had many chats out here with NWiddi. He shares your opinion on the voices being liars. You should talk to him. I believe that too.

Hello513

Hello513

I understand. I had many chats out here with NWiddi. He shares your opinion on the voices being liars. You should talk to him. I believe that too.

I have talked with him. He is a very nice guy, but we disagree on the idea the voices are real. While agreeing they lie.

NWiddi is a very upstanding person, and I have talked with him in the past. He was one of the first members I contacted on this forum, and he deigned to talk to me which he did not have too.

G

GTP

1. Ignore their commands.
2. Ignore their statements - they are lies.
3. Ignore their appearance - who they say they are.
Can you think of any other ?

Hello513

Hello513

1. Ignore their commands.
2. Ignore their statements - they are lies.
3. Ignore their appearance - who they say they are.
Can you think of any other ?
I would agree with your list, but what really worked for me was demanding verifiable evidence they were real. So what I did was demand evidence they had knowledge I did not have that I could verify over the internet. They comepletly failed this test so I dissmissed them as non real entitities.

Others have claimed their voices have passed similar tests, but for me they failed utterly at this.

G

GTP

I would ask them mathematical things such as the square root of three. They would fail also. They can't know things that you don't at least at some level.

Hello513

Hello513

I would ask them mathematical things such as the square root of three. They would fail also. They can't know things that you don't at least at some level.

I found this to be the case as well. So I dissmissed them as non real entities.

Of course once I could dissmis them I got rid of them quite quickly for the most part.

G

GTP

I found this to be the case as well. So I dissmissed them as non real entities.

Of course once I could dissmis them I got rid of them quite quickly for the most part.
I never tried to issue commands to my voice or to lie to them but it might work.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Most of the time I ignore them. If it is bad, I will put some music on. If it is awful the best thing to do is sleep.

G

GTP

Most of the time I ignore them. If it is bad, I will put some music on. If it is awful the best thing to do is sleep.
I never tried to issue commands to my voice or to lie to them but it might work.
Some guys use OBE - Out of Body Experiences or Astral Projection to deal with their voices.

soul searching

soul searching

I just keep telling mine that it is not a real person or a psychic. It is just a misfiring neuron, a chemical imbalance. It tries to say that it is controlling my pain but I am realizing that the voice just responds to whatever is going on with me. The hallucinations work together. It can't control the pain-its not a person.

Daybreak

Daybreak

Identify your attacker. Know his or her name, status, workplace and motives. If you have actually done something wrong, mentally apologise. Visualise your attacker smiling or shaking hands with you.
I like this one. Depending on which voice it is, I've actually had some success with this one. For the other voices I have to do something else.

N

natalie

I am a he ard voice sufferer, very well over all these days though, and when a voice flares up, a) I gnore and don't evualte the voice, i'd be worse off, than I really am.

Listen tomusic and knit.

And importantly, and I emphasis this only too much and too well, Medication. Medication is the key t o r educing the impact of heard voices, in my case, following on from non paid work, large gathering groups of voices, or paranoia, intrusive thoughts I meant, and I would soon put on my music, and have my dose, of 25ml, and I would then greatly improve.

And offload to the for ums for extra support if neede.

Now, should it so happen, I had a heard vocie, today, ignored, realised i was very tired, had somethign to eat, and drink, took dose, I greatly improved.

And working out in fitness, and attending fitness classes, dance.

mandy125

mandy125

Hello I don't listen to my voices very much anymore. They lie to get what they want from my negativity..

I always have music on I medicate myself morning noon evening than again at night
If I didn't I would become extremely unwell like I was when I first started hearing voices which I don't want.
X