• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do you deal with loss of appetite?

Louizard

Louizard

I feel slightly but constantly tense, I can't even force myself to eat a little something... which makes me more anxious, which makes me less hungry.
Advice?

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

Something I used to do, just to get something in me, is to treat myself to something nice. If you like fruit, have some strawberries to munch on.
Or why not a cup of hot chocolate. Can be soothing too, just sit down and sip and watch a relaxing, happy movie or so.
When you feel a bit calmer, the appetite will most likely reappear.

L

LokiPokey75

Hi Louizard!

You seem to be in a real pickle there! The best advice I can give you is asking yourself what is making you this way.

What are some changes in your life that may have contributed to your current state? What is it about food that bothers you? What areas of your life do you have control over that might help you enjoy food again?

There's probably many reasons why you've lost your appetite. It takes identifying these reasons and making small changes to improve your mental health that will help you regain it.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I try to have something like toast with marmite or just butter, to get something in there if I need to

Louizard

Louizard

Hi Louizard!

You seem to be in a real pickle there! The best advice I can give you is asking yourself what is making you this way.

What are some changes in your life that may have contributed to your current state? What is it about food that bothers you? What areas of your life do you have control over that might help you enjoy food again?

There's probably many reasons why you've lost your appetite. It takes identifying these reasons and making small changes to improve your mental health that will help you regain it.
That's exactly what's bothering me actually- I can't think of any reason. It happened to me once already, but I had to take my final exam in high school so it made sense... right now nothing's wrong, and it almost seems more physical and psychological, it's weird...