• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How do you deal with irritability?

T E_90

T E_90

Wait a sec, what other person on the forum? My FP is in "real life".

(My recent issues on here were just an annoyance. Not at all related to my FP)

My life is full of drama! lol
Sorry, my dyslexia sometimes still screwed up words, I clearly misunderstood and saw the word 'forum' (now that I reread well, I must have had a brain fart hah ..).
However I'm not aware that you've had problems here as well, it sucks,
since this is the only forum that should be a safe place.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Sorry, my dyslexia sometimes still screwed up words, I clearly misunderstood and saw the word 'forum' (now that I reread well, I must have had a brain fart hah ..).
However I'm not aware that you've had problems here as well, it sucks,
since this is the only forum that should be a safe place.
My brain farts all the time! lol. Mostly when I'm trying to think.

G

Ginger Kitten

Guys, I think the conversation has gone off-piste! It's supposed to be about dealing with irritability. If the original poster is still following this thread, it's no longer about that subject. Also, I (and presumably others) have been following it in order to pick up tips or exchange ideas about controlling irritability, but we've wandered very far from that. Thanks very much, Ginger.

G

Ginger Kitten

...and on the subject of bipolar and irritability, i just found this on another site. I hope it's okay to post it and I hope Mike, the orginal poster, gets to read it. I found it helpful for reminding me of some techniques I've already been introduced to, in terms of dealing with excessive emotions, including anger. For me, the most helpful thing so far (and I've been exposed to a number of different approaches and theories) has been DBT (dialectical behaviour therapy), as it's all about emotional regulation.
Anyway, that aside, here's the link about controlling bipolar irritability and anger:
I hope it might prove helpful to some.