• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how do you cope ?

L

laumaddav

because i dont know how to cope healthily without turning to drugs or other unhealthy mechanisms

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

I try to think about summer or spring when it's light outside. I do things I love. I try to go outside when it's light outside.

F

frenemy411

They have natural light lamps which have helped me. Also getting out on a sunny day.

W

Wjr1002

Keeping busy and staying active is key. Even if the weather isn't at its best keep pushing on. It gets me bad some days but drugs ain't the way to go, if anything it could make the whole thing more difficult to deal with. Hope this helps :)

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

I'm fresh from a huge mental breakdown homelessness losing everything every possession I ever owned an fell back flat on my ass

GOOD QUESTION HAHA

Keesha

Keesha

Walking daily
Daily dose of THC
Yoga 🧘‍♀️
Creativity
My loving husband / life partner who is always there for me - I’m blessed ❤
🎶 Music

J

Jrchmn

In the winter my whole life style revolves around my lights etc. Each year different things affect me more as my body ages and my life progresses. So being flexible and acknowledging that what helped when I was younger may make things worse now or what was the least important thing may be the most now. Constantly considering how other things feed into my SAD and where possible investing time in the summer to improve things so that the winter is easier. I don’t think any one copes 24 7. Having a plan for when I can’t cope. Having finances etc set up for a worse case scenario and knowing I can get by on a much lower income than last year really reduces stress and anxiety. Reminding myself how lucky I am to have a seasonal rather than constant condition.

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

I distract myself. Love to play video games and read novel books. I get to travel places in the books and the games I can't in real life.

TheWarrior101

TheWarrior101

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Do some exercise. I know for me for example I have a toned belly now and when I do the hamstring stretch I can stretch all the way to my toes.

B

bilbox

I've tried to stop drinking as I think that makes my depression worst also I read a lot more now then I did

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Deep breathing and walks. I love when is windy. I also eat healthy most of the time.

TheWarrior101

TheWarrior101

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I had some social anxiety. But now I can communicate better and I feel like I am getting better.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Firstly, I do not care what others think of me besides my people.
  • Rest, I vape medical marijuana in an appropriate dose that suits me. It helped with acne too.
  • I try to walk daily barefoot on grass and am a tree hugger on a serious note.
  • I also make candles that are satisfying for me.
  • I talk less with friends and let them speak more.
  • Drinking detox water is very good.
  • Also, try sea salt water baths. Being mindful is important.
  • I realized I skipped breathing that led to poor circulation. So breathe deeply that helps in staying alert.
  • Switch your job if you do not like it. In the end, each work will pay us, but it is important that you truly love your work. Cut out junk food, please really it is not healthy.
  • Make a sweet old dear diary too.
  • Sometimes writing can become catharsis, and it can give a great in-depth insight into unresolved trauma.
Love these. All. You come up by yourself. I can send you mine. It's an anxiety

TheWarrior101

TheWarrior101

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Firstly, I do not care what others think of me besides my people.
  • Rest, I vape medical marijuana in an appropriate dose that suits me. It helped with acne too.
  • I try to walk daily barefoot on grass and am a tree hugger on a serious note.
  • I also make candles that are satisfying for me.
  • I talk less with friends and let them speak more.
  • Drinking detox water is very good.
  • Also, try sea salt water baths. Being mindful is important.
  • I realized I skipped breathing that led to poor circulation. So breathe deeply that helps in staying alert.
  • Switch your job if you do not like it. In the end, each work will pay us, but it is important that you truly love your work. Cut out junk food, please really it is not healthy.
  • Make a sweet old dear diary too.
  • Sometimes writing can become catharsis, and it can give a great in-depth insight into unresolved trauma.
thank you! these help a lot..