• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do you cope with your fears?

Talina

Talina

Myself have a few fears and I react differently to all of them.

I have acrophobia (fear of heights), It’s not that bad but it will feel like I’m walking on a bouncy mat and it will feel like I’m swaying or standing on unstable ground. My legs can feel weak but I often can keep it down but I can start to feel nauseated.

I also have a fear of flying, it’s a bit harder to handle. I get super pale, tensed, cold sweating and can get a ringing in my ears. I will always feel nauseated when I fly and need to make sure I have a bag to vomit into. This truly don’t work when I like traveling.

Then I have a fear of balloons, it’s more the sudden loud noise when they pop. Because sudden noise like a balloon popping make me want to hide and I get quite scared. If any force a balloon near me I try to keep calm but if I see anyone playing with it, I don’t want to be in the same room. I rather just not be in any close approxity to balloons.

My fear for balloons is something one of my elder brothers find is funny. He’s 34 years old and can still chase me with balloons, even his kids have picked up that habit now. When I was a kid he would often chase me until I started to cry of fear 😞

I would love to get tips on how to handle my fears:love:

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

To conquer the fear of flying is a common issue. I believe there are specific educational videos which can help with this. Perhaps have a look on youtube or google.

I also have a fear of heights. I feel sick when i see videos of people climbing tall buildings.

Your brother is still an adolescent. :hug:

Talina

Talina

To conquer the fear of flying is a common issue. I believe there are specific educational videos which can help with this. Perhaps have a look on youtube or google.

I also have a fear of heights. I feel sick when i see videos of people climbing tall buildings.

Your brother is still an adolescent. :hug:
Thanks for the tips ☺ , I’ll look it up and see. I mostly want to less my fears for flying. At least I have a few favorite airplane companies which I prefer more than others.

Sometimes I wish my elder brothers can not be annoying but that seem to never happen with them as brothers. I can’t understand why they never have teased and provoked my little brother 😩

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Phobia Forum 3