• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do you calm down while driving?

Talina

Talina

I have a slight problem when driving which is that I get really nervous and my focus can become divided. Because I start to care about everything that happens around and get stressed.

I just want to be able to focus on my driving and not let things happening around or even care what other drivers thinks. Because of how I think it will cause me to do mistakes.

I have no problem driving outside the city but when it get more traffic in the cities, I start to worry. I can drive through the city without a problem if another person is with me and tell me the way, it calms me down somehow and I can focus on driving safely. But doing it alone and my nerves will not be on my side at all.

How do you handle the fears, I react the same way when I’m around people. I’ve only had my driving license for 2 years. Because it took a while for me to handle my nerves to take the step to fix a driving license.

(Myself thinking to maybe sell my manual car and change to an automatic car. Maybe it can help me not to worry as much. My car is older than me because it’s easier to fix and change the things alone in the engine. So the engine can overheat if I drive slow for a certain time).

wollie

wollie

I all ways think about the bubble, when your driving make sure you know what is going on all around you and think ahead, that the safety bubble thats your area and no one elses.
We all get a little lost some times but you shouldn't worry about it just stop in a safe area and rethink your rout:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Talina Driving and Mental Health 8