• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How do you all get to sleep??

L

LilMissLost

Am back with no medication until i see my doctor this week and i cant sleep!! Have tried all the obvious things like having a hot bath, writing down my thoughts so they arent whizzing round in my head, 2 diazepam but im just so not tired! got to get up in 4 hours hardly seems worth sleeping! Hope you are all ok and hello if if i havent spoken to you before, just wondered if anyone has anything that helps them sleep :clap:

A

Affective

Am back with no medication until i see my doctor this week and i cant sleep!! Have tried all the obvious things like having a hot bath, writing down my thoughts so they arent whizzing round in my head, 2 diazepam but im just so not tired! got to get up in 4 hours hardly seems worth sleeping! Hope you are all ok and hello if if i havent spoken to you before, just wondered if anyone has anything that helps them sleep :clap:
I used to do a lot of push ups and sit ups. That did tire me out, have you tried exercise?

L

LilMissLost

Thats a great idea thanks Affective :) Feeling a bit more tired now im back on the mood stabiliser plus diazepam but will definetly try that next time i cant sleep, i had been exercising all day but by the evening my body was tired but my brain just wasnt! :) Glad your medication helps you sleep Jax :)

A

Affective

Thats a great idea thanks Affective :) Feeling a bit more tired now im back on the mood stabiliser plus diazepam but will definetly try that next time i cant sleep, i had been exercising all day but by the evening my body was tired but my brain just wasnt! :) Glad your medication helps you sleep Jax :)
If you belong to gym, you could use that through out the day. Or you could make yourself a light (that slowly builds up) exercise plan. When I did go the gym I had a weighty lifting exercise plan. I used to set myself goals. For example, on the sitting down Bicept Curl machine, I started on 35KG and my target by six months was to reach 60KG. And I did! But remember if you do decide to exercise, start off slow and build up :) You don't want any injuries or pains.

You could try reading my old A level business books, they sent me to sleep hehe :D I'm joking :)

But seriously. I find if I help my mum and dad all day with the cleaning I find myself tired. Like say the sink isn't even that dirty, you could clear it all and give it a good scrub, do the floors, hoover etc

And it's good that you have a medication that will help. So along side exercise and other physical activities it should help you have a good snooze :D

A

Apotheosis

I do relaxing things - A hot bath (very underrated by people); a hot bath is a highly effective way of relaxing. I read sometimes. I sometimes have a warm herbal drink - verveine is very good. If it's really hard then I'll take a sleeper - but very rarely; I haven't taken one in a few months.

L

LilMissLost

Hi Apotheosis never heard of verveine thanks though i will look out for that!! And sadly Affective i dont attend a gym, often thought about it but money is tight, have started walking again lately and that knackers me out quite well, see i need to get the balance just right stay awake long enough to keep the bf happy but not long enough to get overtired and stay awake all night! I used to rush around all day at work everyday and feel mega moody because of it by the time i got home, i was fatigued all the time then though, now im trying to keep my day as energetic as possible without getting moody, just finding the right balance i guess, thanks guys hope you are all ok :) (y)

L

LilMissLost

Haha Affective just reread your post, id probably love your a level business books thats the thing, i could sit there and learn all night!! well funny though :)