• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

how do you all deal with hearing voices

• Thread starter lifecangetbetter
  • Start date
L

lifecangetbetter

im curious. i feel like I've been screwed by the universe to hear all this crud. how do you guys do it?
whats your perspective on it?

L

lifecangetbetter

i really desire not to hear voices and it tears my heart apart that i cant control it. im only 30, i cant even IMAGINE another 40 years of this. i seriously cant. i wish i was on my way out...

D

Drstrange

i really desire not to hear voices and it tears my heart apart that i cant control it. im only 30, i cant even IMAGINE another 40 years of this. i seriously cant. i wish i was on my way out...
chill there are people out there who can help maybe or even just by relaying I’m in the same boat I can’t imagine this longer so are you on any meds I started mine and the voices turned down I think it’s by design idk if the pills have any effect I’m not sure what these voicesare.. if you care to discuss symptoms or coping methodsfeel free I know this shit is crazy but I think people are doing it to us.. we will have a friend soon who can help

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I use medication to help deal with the voice in my head, they turn the volume down to something more manageable and reduce the speed, before the meds it was so loud and overwhelming and far too fast for my liking.

Now that it's at a level I can cope with I completely ignore this voice of mine, I act like it doesn't exist and I let it have very little influence over me. I've done this with a great amount of success for nearly five years now.

I would however change my approach to this voice if it would stop talking because at the moment it waffles on practically every waking minute which is very annoying, I'd like a few hours of peace each day in order for me to be more receptive to it.

I have my theories on what this voice is to me which have helped me come to terms with this condition.

and it tears my heart apart that i cant control it.
We often can't control our voice(s) so I've focused on controlling my attitude and reactions towards it.

L

lifecangetbetter

I'm just so broken hearted I have to lI've the rest of my life like this. My seroquel took away the demon in my stomach but that's about it.:hankie:

I can't help but feel... idk, left out, or targeted by having to hear these voices

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I'm just so broken hearted I have to lI've the rest of my life like this. My seroquel took away the demon in my stomach but that's about it.:hankie:

I can't help but feel... idk, left out, or targeted by having to hear these voices
They do end. and if they do persist you just become stronger and stronger at dealing with it.

Eventually it mutates into a type of psychic power - so it is not all bad. :)

L

lifecangetbetter

I just wish I had a clear understanding of myself, my life, my surroundings and situation like everyone else. im really sad im not all here. :'/ and im so young to not be all here, I have no idea what I'm gonna be like when I'm 50

I wish I could change my mind to a normal person's

L

lifecangetbetter

They do end. and if they do persist you just become stronger and stronger at dealing with it.

Eventually it mutates into a type of psychic power - so it is not all bad. :)
i used to think i was psychic. then my boss attacked me hard and then my perspective of my first year in my career changed. i thought i was doing well and he went down on me hard- i know its because i don't have a connection but still. it caused a kind of psychotic episode in me where i couldn't sit still and imagining a needle on the right side of my brain. i no longer believe in God or think im psychic. i understand some non-verbal cues in person like everyone else but that's about it. my friend whose mind i could read like a book stopped talking me out of frustration and told me i have ancient demons. seriously wth. ancient demons. can someone with ancient demons read her mind that well? idk what to think about any of this i just don't think im special anymore i think im unlucky

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

im curious. i feel like I've been screwed by the universe to hear all this crud. how do you guys do it?
whats your perspective on it?
I cant understand how much your suffering right now, i never had voices has symptom of my schizophrenia, i had hallucinations, on my first psychotic episode i saw black shadows forming i was so freaking scared to death i thought they trying to consume my soul omg it was so scary. It stop after i was on medication omg im so happy it went away, i hoping you voices go away with the right medication, the best advice i can give to you is talk to your pdoc, find the perfect medication that will quiet your voices or even eliminate them, thats only way is through medication find the right one the works for your brain chemistry trust me, this always a right medicine for everyone, theres hundreds of psy meds out there find one that works for you, best of luck, trust me youll be okay talk to pdoc asap.

L

lifecangetbetter

I cant understand how much your suffering right now, i never had voices has symptom of my schizophrenia, i had hallucinations, on my first psychotic episode i saw black shadows forming i was so freaking scared to death i thought they trying to consume my soul omg it was so scary. It stop after i was on medication omg im so happy it went away, i hoping you voices go away with the right medication, the best advice i can give to you is talk to your pdoc, find the perfect medication that will quiet your voices or even eliminate them, thats only way is through medication find the right one the works for your brain chemistry trust me, this always a right medicine for everyone, theres hundreds of psy meds out there find one that works for you, best of luck, trust me youll be okay talk to pdoc asap.
Basically the medication took away the demon residing in my stomach and let's me hallucinate the voices a little bit less. I'm scared to try the other antipsychotics because of irreversible EPS

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Basically the medication took away the demon residing in my stomach and let's me hallucinate the voices a little bit less. I'm scared to try the other antipsychotics because of irreversible EPS
Try to be a little more fearless. Your brain will become more powerful

L

lifecangetbetter

Try to be a little more fearless. Your brain will become more powerful
but i cant control my hallucinations. sometimes i can brush things off and chalk it up to life, but most of the time im severely hallucinating and cant brush anything off

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

Okay, i understand that your scared to try new medication, so you current medication is kinda working is that what your saying? Please explain more if you can. Do you have a Psychiatrist that prescribes you medication, if you do you need to talk to him or her, if you feel your medication is not working so well for your symptoms, trust me they went to school for 8+ years they know what they are doing, there not gong to give a medication that is going to screw your brain up, there going to very careful, there going give low dose first so it not to hard in your system, please talk to your psychiatrist the best advice i can give you. Its up to you now, i can't force to do it. Its up to you if you want to get better, not me. Its not my problem its yours. Its your life take responsibility and get a better medication that will work better already if your current one its not working.