• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how do you act when manic?

thing fish

thing fish

i have more depressive episodes than i do with being manic.
when manic though i feel elated. very 'up' is a way to put it...
i have horrible problems with managing my money. almost feel hyper you know...

anyone else want to share

J

jekel1

woooooo

im hypo manic right now and i feel fantastic, my body is tingling my thoughts are fast i can do any thing i please like this, i dance sing beg my partner for sex, feels like im really on life, when i get manic though i see stuff like spiders and see through men, i have just been discharged ! i cant explain it but i dont want it to end , you have orgasms for nothing , laugh make stupid jokes , take my clothes off and dance! my meds just wash over me they dnt do i a bloody thing , i was down today now im up. i feel as if i could fly, and i have sex thoughts . my thoughts race and pulse and i cant catch up so my speech is rapid and slurred. its like being drunk in a way, my crisis team just rang and there like oh wah t you done today and you end up telling them every deatil , but down side i cant remember what i have said 3 mins ago or how to use a toaster, i even forget my kids birthdays, its mad!:clap::tea::mad::mad: oh yeah i spent 200 today on jumpers ! i wont be laughing in the morning xx

dib4uk

dib4uk

When im manic, i go all charged, i do things in excess and I feell soo super confident that I'm perfect. I have inproper sexual urges, but when down they go pretty quickly.

D

dreambuggieII

oh boy

I could write a book on that question.

As a schizo (finally I won the top award), I've done a variety of things:

put teabags, burnt incense and put them in a VHS player (they get funnier - the samartains have put the phone down on me - i don't think they saw the funny side of thing - whoops)

stood on an empty box in my kitchen, and did a speech for the fairies (wish someone had recorded that)

shaved my head then dyed it blonde

did a speech in my local area about something - i was up against a few blessed christains at the time (i do like making speeches)

shagged an awful lot (i thought I was hot stuff u see)

pissed outside a club when they didn't let me in (omg)

Overall - I was just uber uber confident. tisk - where's the problem guv eh?
....err hospital soon had that under control...hey ho.

guggy

guggy

I have an urge to write down whatever is going through my head, that is normally plenty of stuff.

E

edmonmom

when I"m manic , it's WONDERFUL :clap: Feel good hormones from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. Very hyper, Very little sleep, spend too much on clothes. All the typicals things.
Kind of addictive to be so high. I think that's the the kids feel when they do drugs.
Did do much work, too. But, I'm very disorganized and can't seem to keep attention focused on anything.
in total 1000% times better than the despressive part. (y)

max

max

for me its like knowing Im invincable. Nothing and no-one can harm me. I dont need to sleep talk for ever, but really say nothing. Im usually out and about during the night meeting peope and having what seems to be the best sex in the world in what seems to be the best places in the world... Obviously later I regret it deeply. I start loads of stuff finishing little but housework is done easily and if Im at work I achieve loads and piss off my collegues. Once I even remortgaged our house:oops:
My girls love it as we go out and spend excessively on stuff for them.. But as always there are serous consequences to be paid both financialy and socialy

jax

jax

I mostly have the highs than lows. When manic - I talk very quick. So quick I forget to breath and gasp for air. Change the topic very often when talking and it's not appropriate. (Flight of ideas) I talk loud and lots. Hyper-sexual. Spend money like no ones business. Have what I think are wonderful ideas that really are crazy. Hallucinate. Grandiose thinking. don't sleep for days. Feel extremely energetic. Sometimes - irritable. Racing thoughts. Feel AMAZING. Just the top of the world. Think that is about it.
Jacqui

S

suzy

I don't get the manics, I wish I did. I only had one you see as a result of the drug sertraline, and that was massive so I don't want that high again, but it would nice to get a manic as some of you describe (but obviously not bad) I mean just a higher mood. I seem to be so stable all the time and get a few downs

J

jekel1

manics

i started off by spending money on online scratch cards with a fiver in the bank, i posted all the letters in the house with no stamps i ran to the postbox laughing widely . i had a conversation with a fat see through man in my kitchen laughing and saying how i know how everybody is on to me . i talk really fast ans shake have orgasms for nothing , sleep with eveyone. think that everyone wants to be me or be with me and everbody should listen to me. i act wild. get dressed up go out looking for sex in streets wlist drinking to much, i even paid for a private detective course, a uni degree and language courses learnt to touch type . clean the whole house get intrested in random things but dont finish them , dance on tables , think wow look at me iam the best. stat new religions and thats just the start ! but now with meds im low cant be bothered and i want my mainas back! oh yeah i hear things and talk back.i limit my self to 1000 kcas a day and dont sleep much.:mad:

E

edmonmom

Guess I do the the same but my delusions aren't hallucinations. I don't see people, I DON'T THINK. Hard to know what is real and what isn't, that's for sure.
As for the manias. yeah, who wouldn't love them? It's just the depression that finally got me. Trying to fight my way back. Last time was so darn hard, not sure I was going to make it.
I'm a grandmother and 61, so that's probably why. I don't know really. Think it must get harder as you get older. Even the mania, I get tired and just want to sleep but can't ( last day or so of it).
That and the "missing time" that has haunted me most of my life. Even back in school, I looked at exams I wrote, my writing but damned if I can remember writing them. oh heck, who cares, I passed . (y)