How do y’all deal with loneliness?

SomepersonyouDK

SomepersonyouDK

Before I could atleast distract myself from loneliness but now I need attention all the time. I feel so horrible that I don’t have any friends. I’ve tried for years online to get atleast one but they get fed up with me or find someone better. Why can’t I have a friend who will stay like others can? I thought I got a friend recently but all she wanted was some sort of relationship with me when she knew I was already with someone. I’m kind of devastated over it. I really liked talking to her:(

Z

Zoe1

n yeah that is really hard ... missing a friend
its good that you know what you feel though,
you have real feelings that you can express
and also you said you were already dating someone
so is that person still in your life ?

I think sometimes we expect too much of a friendship
which might be to begin with quite light hearted
and not a committed friendship

and people tend not to ' commit ' themselves to friends
the way they would to a partner,

I think its good to spread yourself out a bit
make small talk at the bus stop,
answer different peoples posts

a true friend who really values who you are
is not easy to come by
and sometimes develops over many years

💜 🧡 💜

J

JCPraha

Loneliness is very difficult to deal with. I have problems coping with it. I try to reach out to people, go to some meetups, and some other groups, but it is still difficult. It really is a painful emotion, and it makes depression worse. Like Zoe said above, true friends are difficult to come by in this world. But it is possible, we can communicate on this forum. Take care.

HumanPerson

HumanPerson

Hey Someperson

I usually try to keep myself busy doing things I enjoy independently if I don't have the options to do my interests with other people or don't have the guts to.

For whatever your interested in there's normally groups that meet face to face regarding the interest or hobby. Being in a group of people who have the same interests is a great place to make friends. Whether it be reading, running, painting, videogames, skateboarding and all sorts! If face to face isn't an option there is definitely groups online!

:)

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Trying to make meaninful relationships is pretty much it i can play thr piano or do things on my own like activities but if lonliness is what you feel seek activities you like mand find groups of like minded people i think thats helpful not sure if i am being generic

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i feel lonely only passed a few sentences with sales people in shops today, phoned sister on mobile and landline no answer my only companion is alcohol, maybe of someone bangs on my door tonight i should invite them in. i sometimes envy the alkys their friends and park bench

J

JCPraha

I know how you feel, rambo, I have days like that as well. Loneliness is not fun, a rather painful emotion.

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

Hi there,

Loneliness is something I have struggled with during certain periods of my life. I've lost a lot of friendships and relationships and have often felt like I'm the problem. This is something I've spoken about quite a lot in therapy. I often ask myself why I attract such nasty people who always let me down, but now I realise that I'm not the problem and that I am worthy of friendship and love, it just took a while to get there. My advice would be to find hobbies to do as this will give you something to do and something to talk about with others. I started a pottery class a few months ago and it allowed me to interact with new people and learn a new skill at the same time! :) Making friends can be scary, but you'll get there eventually. I hope this helps in some way xx

R

Rea

Hi, finding a good friend is not easy...
I understand what you are saying because I am also struggling with loneliness and sometimes is really hard.

I am also currently suffering from social anxiety, so knowing other people is even more difficult but at the same time, I really need to have social interaction almost every day.

For fighting the loneliness, I am currently trying to join some meetups and attending some classes.
I really like meetups about meditation groups because usually there are a lot of nice and calm people. We meditate and we also talk a little bit about our feelings, and this is really nice because I feel a connection with other people.

I am also a member of several forums about anxiety and depression. In this way, I read about the problems of people with the same condition and I feel less lonely...

In this way, I am able to have some social interactions. I really miss a friend that I can call for talking about how I really feel, but for the moment I don't have one :(

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i'm convinced there is stigma attached to schitzoprenia and once it gets out in a group. you only in a vulnerable moment have to tell one person and it'll be all round the group, if someone suggests going to the pub you have to decline in case drink loosens your tongue

it makes it all the more lonely struggleing to fit in in groups, it makes you feel out of the group, as a long term schitzo your views in themselves don't fit

and when family reject you my sister hasn't spoken to me for a week i've heard now she's gone to malta if i phone her she probably won't answer even if she does the cost of the call

feel like phoning social services and saying you've closed my case and apparently you expect my sister to care are you willing to pay for a phone call to her?

J

JCPraha

Most people don't understand mental illness, hence this forum. It is not something you can talk about openly with people. There are few who understand, unless they have experienced it themself, hence this forum. We all understand here.