• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do uk gp help?

T

Takingmybrain

Does anyone have any expierence with how uk gp doctors help or monitor eating disorders when they first find out? Ive lost alot weight in last 6 months. Im healthy weight bracket tecnically bmi wise still so i wouldnt be reffered to ed clinic but i loosing weight very fast. Tw...My guilt of eating causes me to superfically self injure sometimes.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Weight is an outdated way of diagnosing eating disorders. I would go to your GP and ask to be sent to an eating disorder clinic. I went there for treatment and they are the best people to help. You may also find support and advice on here,

You have come a long way to realise you have an eating disorder and to seek support. I think you should be very proud of yourself.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi your gp is your first port of call x please see them and they may refer you to cmht where you can access therapy and medication if needed x well done on reaching out Lu x

T

Takingmybrain

The community mh team have been refusing me all year after multiple refferals for other disorders i dont think they will accept me sadly i think it will be my gp monitoring it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
7 Eating Disorders Forum 4
L Eating Disorders Forum 8
B Eating Disorders Forum 7
L Eating Disorders Forum 4
L Eating Disorders Forum 5