• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How do I tell people

G

Gaiaogsfewiaoajga

Hi I’ve only been harming myself for a few weeks now but I’ve become dependent on it as a coping mechanism I really want to stop but I just can’t. I thought at first no one would notice the scars because it would just be a one time thing but now there are too many and I will have to tell someone so they don’t worry about me. I can’t even bring myself to tell my best friend. What should I say to her?

Wishbone

Wishbone

What is it that you are coping with that makes you want to do that in the first place?

G

Gaiaogsfewiaoajga

I’m really just hate myself tbh and I haven’t dealt with that ever

M

ManDss

Quick as pull a bandaid, "hey, I self harmed", and then explain "I did this and this", you have to tell it wlthout rodeos, then, after that, you gonna have time to think clearer, and explain better, but first tell it rough.

Wishbone

Wishbone

I’m really just hate myself tbh and I haven’t dealt with that ever
Lots of people dislike themselves, or certain aspects of themselves, but self-harming only adds one more thing to dislike about yourself when you're covered in scars that you don't want anyone to see. You should speak to us and to docs about why it is that you feel the way you do. Get help rather than continue adding to your self-hatred.

2Much2Feel

Agree with Wishbone. Did it for like 25 years myself, and I hope you can get help and stop asap. It's awful having the scars. It's like walking around with a neon sign over my head saying "Losing it" I feel like. Please get help. There are ways/methods that can help you control this and stop. They know a hell of a lot more about this stuff now and how to help you through it. Hang in there, keep talking, and try to give yourself a break. We all fuck up.

JessisMe

JessisMe

What do you hope will come from telling people about it?