• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how do I talk to my boyfriend about my depression?

althera

althera

We've been together just over 6 months, I love him and he loves me. He knows I have depression as I told him about it early on, I also told him about my childhood (sexual abuse by grandfather) and he was really understanding about it. Recently my moods have been getting low and I've been trying to hide it from him. I put on that happy mask we all know so well. He's such a positive and happy person that I don't want to bog him down with my feeling. I only see him at weekends so he doesn't see my bad days and when he texts I say I am good when really I am not. How do I tell him I feel horrible inside and I just want to curl up in a ball and sleep until this feeling goes away.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

maybe you could print some information off the internet on depression ,and sit with your bf and explain to him that is how you are feeling
ormaybe sit and make a few notes of how you are feeling and let him read xx sorry im not much help i find it difficult to talk about my depression too i hope you manage to convey to him your feelings love from fairy lu xx