• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do I talk to her?

B

BadlyDrawnGirl

I've got a really strong feeling that my best friend has BiPolar disorder, but I don't know how to suggest it to her. She's really stubborn and would hate anyone pointing out a weakness, but I'm scared that if she does have it and I don't say anything, she'll never figure it out and/or go and get help. However, if she doesn't have it and I've suggested she does, I don't want her to be upset and mad at me for thinking she's 'mental' or whatever. Should I bring it up? If so, how?

S

starlitskie

What does she do that makes you think she has it?

M

Marie

Be careful with this one. She may have Narcissistic personality disorder. In which case, if you suggest mental illness you will no longer have a friend! Just say you've noticed how she behaves and ask her if she is ok. Let her then think about it, I wouldn't mention a condition. Just suggest a visit to the doctor to make sure anything is ok!;)

M

maudikie

To badly drawn girl.

Has her behaviour changed since you thought she might be ill?
Has she made other friends recently?
How old is she? - And how old are you?

T

TherapyTribe

Hi

Does her behavior changed .Just suggest to visit to the doctor or any therapist to make sure anything is ok!:)

Thanks

M

maudikie

Maudikie

You use this site, so if she visits you at home show it to her, She might somethow realise that she is like a lot of others, and decide to use it herself. Then someone can make suggestions to her about what she could do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R People 1