• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do I stop this

B

Blackrose09

Almost everytime someone upsets me may be even a little misunderstanding or an uninteional mistake I go manic and my personality changes making me a complete psychopath. But I control myself... Don't react. Instead I go manic as I said and psycho and maybe do crazy stuff...
I have bpd comorbud bipolar and others.

How do I stop this reaction to small misunderstandings?
Idk if feels out of my control.
You think meds are the only solution?
And I should take a mood stabiliser even a small amount or something like lorazepam? I don't want to they make feel like zombie sometimes and detached from soroundings, dumb, my mind becomes slow, I'm forgetting more etc. A vegetable..

Thank you so much in advace

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Medication does lessen our reactions to stress. They are like a second skin to me, an extra layer which makes stress and worry bounce off of me.

What is that line - those who keep their head while all around them are losing theirs?
Then you'll be a man my son.

Lorazepam is not long term and so mood stabilisers or antidepressant might be a better option.

bpd2020

bpd2020

This is the first time I have learned you have bpd, Blackrose. It is so difficult for us to deal with our emotions. The best thing is therapy. Therapy helps us to make sense of how we feel and how to control our emotions.

I can understand you not liking feeling like a zombie. It is not a nice feeling.

B

Blackrose09

Thank you tawny for answering.

What is that line - those who keep their head while all around them are losing theirs?
Then you'll be a man my son.
What do you mean, sorry I don't understand. Can you be more precise?

B

Blackrose09

This is the first time I have learned you have bpd, Blackrose. It is so difficult for us to deal with our emotions. The best thing is therapy. Therapy helps us to make sense of how we feel and how to control our emotions.

I can understand you not liking feeling like a zombie. It is not a nice feeling.
Yes I'm sure I have it.
What kind of therapy helps you most regarding this aspect if you have/had asymilar problem?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Those who keep their head (keep their cool)
while all around them are losing theirs (losing it)

So remaining composed and in control of yourself, when everyone is yelling and losing theirs.

Not reacting is a good thing. Did i misunderstand your post, sorry i did.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
It is a poem:
You'll be a man my son.
As in, you will have grown into a wise man/woman

bpd2020

bpd2020

Yes I'm sure I have it.
What kind of therapy helps you most regarding this aspect if you have/had asymilar problem?
I found cognitive analytical therapy to be the most helpful for me.

B

Blackrose09

Those who keep their head (keep their cool)
while all around them are losing theirs (losing it)

So remaining composed and in control of yourself, when everyone is yelling and losing theirs.

Not reacting is a good thing. Did i misunderstand your post, sorry i did.
Oh OK. Sorry for beinng confusing

B

Blackrose09

It is a poem:
You'll be a man my son.
As in, you will have grown into a wise man/woman
But I feel I'm going from man to son in the last years lol. I wasn't always like this. Or at least it was not that bad.