• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

How do I stop seeing connections about someone

Finite

Finite

@Subota999 I wish I knew how to stop or ignore that kind of paranoid connection trail. I have tried using a rubber band and a lot of more harmful techniques over the years, but my advice is just notice the connections that your mind is making and try and sit with the feelings that are being brought up, which will eventually pass.

That's the last thing I would want to hear if I were you, but nothing I have tried before has ever worked any better and some things I have tried have simply made everything far worse.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

@Finite thank you actually I think that is what I usually do most of the time, because in every interaction with people I see these connections, and it's exhausting but I try to ignore it...do you mean try to let it pass as oppose to writing these connections down?

I've wondered before if writing them down would help me see if they are "unreasonable" or if that would only make me connect things more? 🤔 I wrote down a few things but I usually forget about it before I get the chance to, or I am too lazy to write it down, I've even been too lazy to read back what I wrote :LOL:

Finite

Finite

@Subota999 I have a blanket policy about not writing specific things down, but that's a whole other paranoid issue.

I find giving the connections time and energy, exhausting like you said and it's almost like throwing petrol on a well established fire, if you get me. If everything I do makes the fire bigger and more out of control, I may as well take a seat, notice the flames and their colours and textures and feel the warmth etc, until said fire burns itself out :)

Z

Zoe1

I get this when ive opened up to someone too quickly
assuming I ' know them already '
which is really just they remind me of other familiar people

ive been learning recently not to do that
and that it can sometimes take years to build up trust
in order to share deep things

if I rush into things, then yes I will get these paranoid feelings

:grouphug: 🎼 🐢

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

@Finite that is beautifully said 🙏 Yes..I need to observe...

@Zoe1 yeah I've been talking to this person for a few months now, but we almost instantly "clicked" and we relate about a lot, we started talking about deep things really quick..which is amazing...I just am scared because I told them about things that I thought I wouldn't tell anyone about ..you know?

Z

Zoe1

yes I do know ... thats exactly what I do
and I believe my vulnerability in this way
accounts for some of my illness

Zero One

Zero One

I'm going through similar. I forgave somebody that I should of not forgiven. Because now I fear the consequences. It scares me they're going to repeat the same process that I just went through.
I understand this all to well because I did the same thing and sometimes I can feel totally at rest and feeling like things are like how they were when nothing ever happened then the voices kick in and states change (I think they are responsible for the other states too). This may not apply to you but it is what the voices call fragmenting when you are not totally connected as you would have your own mind structured to protect yourself. Sometimes we forgive not being mindful of everything if that is the case then I think we are free to unforgiven when our minds catch back up and so long (as you said)!👍

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I understand this all to well because I did the same thing and sometimes I can feel totally at rest and feeling like things are like how they were when nothing ever happened then the voices kick in and states change (I think they are responsible for the other states too). This may not apply to you but it is what the voices call fragmenting when you are not totally connected as you would have your own mind structured to protect yourself. Sometimes we forgive not being mindful of everything if that is the case then I think we are free to unforgiven when our minds catch back up and so long (as you said)!👍
I want to unforgiven, but his voices are so strong. It pains me, I feel like my mind is on fire. I was just trying to do the right thing. But totally unforgiving at this point. I dont want to take advantage of anything he has to offer cause its crap. Literally crap. Thanks for the reply it helps me feel better.

Zero One

Zero One

I want to unforgiven, but his voices are so strong. It pains me, I feel like my mind is on fire. I was just trying to do the right thing. But totally unforgiving at this point. I dont want to take advantage of anything he has to offer cause its crap. Literally crap. Thanks for the reply it helps me feel better.
Is he one of your voices? I had that happen to me too before.

Zero One

Zero One

@Subota999 there is another one they do for the skin thing without itching but these electric sensations in the skin. I keep forgetting to post that.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I am still seeing connections about this person...sometimes it feels like a good thing but sometimes I am just scared that this person isn't even real and they were created by my family to get information from me...by the way this is actually the guy I have a crush on..I really hope he is real. We've talked on the phone so I know it's not a family member's voice but I still keep getting scared about that and it's annoying how it keeps coming back. :doh:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Personality Disorders Forum 14