• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

How do I regain my charisma and lose social anxiety?

J

joewest87

Over the past year or two, I've become socially disfunctional, mainly due to persistently being let down and rejected by unfriendly people. Where once I was charismatic, funny and confident, now I'm just socially numb. Everything I say tends to be based on a vieled effort to be accepted, which ironically probably makes me seem boring. I have become robotic in conversations and cannot be myself anymore. I just feel mentally tired, and have to force myself to think of things to say and pretend that I care about the conversation material. I'm socially awkward, anxious and very paranoid about what people think of me. I feel bereft of charisma and enthusiasm. It's like watching a flower wither.

I'd do anything to break out of this cycle, but I feel that it's not simply going to happen without some sort of a drastic boost. I'm thinking of doing some confidence boosting / fear facing things to reignite myself, maybe things such as high intensity public speaking, performing, facing phobias, etc. Anything to come back to life, I don't care how daunting it is. Does anyone have any suggestions in terms of these sort of ideas?

Thanks in advance

K

kasia

Over the past year or two, I've become socially disfunctional, mainly due to persistently being let down and rejected by unfriendly people. Where once I was charismatic, funny and confident, now I'm just socially numb. Everything I say tends to be based on a vieled effort to be accepted, which ironically probably makes me seem boring. I have become robotic in conversations and cannot be myself anymore. I just feel mentally tired, and have to force myself to think of things to say and pretend that I care about the conversation material. I'm socially awkward, anxious and very paranoid about what people think of me. I feel bereft of charisma and enthusiasm. It's like watching a flower wither.

I'd do anything to break out of this cycle, but I feel that it's not simply going to happen without some sort of a drastic boost. I'm thinking of doing some confidence boosting / fear facing things to reignite myself, maybe things such as high intensity public speaking, performing, facing phobias, etc. Anything to come back to life, I don't care how daunting it is. Does anyone have any suggestions in terms of these sort of ideas?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
K

kasia

sorry for above and english :p

The most important think is self respect , if we accept yourself i think we wont need be accepted by someone , if u accept yourself u feel good anywhere u are , u have others opinion in ass , and u can defent yourself u will feel inside peace . Dont be paranoid what people think about u , u must let others have a word about you ,everyone can think about u bad or good u just have to let it . Anyone can hurt u ,with opinion just u can let on it if u take to yourself this opinion u hurt yourself , but if u disagree with wrong opinion and u protect yourself u wont take this to yourself . We are thinking to much on everyone step we consider all behaviours , sometimes we should sit in crowded place it can be night and observe people , watch , them we can see everyone trying ,wanna be the best copy of yourself , like us . We think oh im trying to talk but im thinking what to say , sometimes we think i was trying be myself but conversation wasn;t good .Beacuse really we are all time concentarte what say , if u dont have topic dont say them its to ok , real conversation is them when u dont play , u are trying get know more about other person , coz people feel when u dont talk honestly they feel fear . So the most important is accpet yourself :D:mrgreen:I if u feel good in your skin people wanna more know u better :hug5: