How do I regain my charisma and lose social anxiety?

J

joewest87

Over the past year or two, I've become socially disfunctional, mainly due to persistently being let down and rejected by unfriendly people. Where once I was charismatic, funny and confident, now I'm just socially numb. Everything I say tends to be based on a vieled effort to be accepted, which ironically probably makes me seem boring. I have become robotic in conversations and cannot be myself anymore. I just feel mentally tired, and have to force myself to think of things to say and pretend that I care about the conversation material. I'm socially awkward, anxious and very paranoid about what people think of me. I feel bereft of charisma and enthusiasm. It's like watching a flower wither.

I'd do anything to break out of this cycle, but I feel that it's not simply going to happen without some sort of a drastic boost. I'm thinking of doing some confidence boosting / fear facing things to reignite myself, maybe things such as high intensity public speaking, performing, facing phobias, etc. Anything to come back to life, I don't care how daunting it is. Does anyone have any suggestions in terms of these sort of ideas?

Thanks in advance

K

kasia

Over the past year or two, I've become socially disfunctional, mainly due to persistently being let down and rejected by unfriendly people. Where once I was charismatic, funny and confident, now I'm just socially numb. Everything I say tends to be based on a vieled effort to be accepted, which ironically probably makes me seem boring. I have become robotic in conversations and cannot be myself anymore. I just feel mentally tired, and have to force myself to think of things to say and pretend that I care about the conversation material. I'm socially awkward, anxious and very paranoid about what people think of me. I feel bereft of charisma and enthusiasm. It's like watching a flower wither.

I'd do anything to break out of this cycle, but I feel that it's not simply going to happen without some sort of a drastic boost. I'm thinking of doing some confidence boosting / fear facing things to reignite myself, maybe things such as high intensity public speaking, performing, facing phobias, etc. Anything to come back to life, I don't care how daunting it is. Does anyone have any suggestions in terms of these sort of ideas?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
K

kasia

sorry for above and english :p

The most important think is self respect , if we accept yourself i think we wont need be accepted by someone , if u accept yourself u feel good anywhere u are , u have others opinion in ass , and u can defent yourself u will feel inside peace . Dont be paranoid what people think about u , u must let others have a word about you ,everyone can think about u bad or good u just have to let it . Anyone can hurt u ,with opinion just u can let on it if u take to yourself this opinion u hurt yourself , but if u disagree with wrong opinion and u protect yourself u wont take this to yourself . We are thinking to much on everyone step we consider all behaviours , sometimes we should sit in crowded place it can be night and observe people , watch , them we can see everyone trying ,wanna be the best copy of yourself , like us . We think oh im trying to talk but im thinking what to say , sometimes we think i was trying be myself but conversation wasn;t good .Beacuse really we are all time concentarte what say , if u dont have topic dont say them its to ok , real conversation is them when u dont play , u are trying get know more about other person , coz people feel when u dont talk honestly they feel fear . So the most important is accpet yourself :D:mrgreen:I if u feel good in your skin people wanna more know u better :hug5: