• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

how do i react

Mr Oreo Bunny

Mr Oreo Bunny

hi yall
this is a rather serious matter. i just found out that one of my closest friends was sexually abused as a young young child. my initial reaction was kind of like "oh my gosh" and now don't know how to react, it was someone her family hans thad contact with in years and she doesn't remember any of it, but thinking about it affects her a lot. how do i make her feel better?

T

tiltawhirl3

She must really trust you to have told you! Is she in counseling? Needs to be. You could offer to take her. If she is okay with you sitting in on a session you could ask this question then. or simply ask her directly because people tend to shy away from talking about things that they are uncomfortable with and this can make her feel very isolated.

S

SunnyDaze

Hi @Mr Oreo Bunny

I think the best way to make her feel better is to just be there for her. If she wants to talk about it,just listen and be supportive