• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How do I make my mother understand? ***TRIGGER WARNING*** verbal and sexual abuse

U

Upsaddo

Hi everyone!
I dont really know how to say this, but as long i can remember i always been the black sheep as the family and at school. This lead to verbally bullying and some sexual at home and school. I groped at school multiple times without consent and had me recorded without my knowledge. I always wanted to tell my mom about this, but she didn’t believe me the first time when I told her about the family friend taking panties pictures of me while i was asleep. I wont say my age but, I cant leave my mother at the moment. How do I get my mother to understand it isnt my fault. I feel like she always treated me differently compared to my other siblings.
I just really need support right now its really killing me at this point i wish she would just give it to me

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi there Upsaddo welcome to the forums.
I’m so sorry you have been through all this trauma and your mother hasn’t been sympathetic snd supportive like she should. Have you tried telling her how important it is that you have her support through all these bad things? How much you need for her to be there for you as your Mom? Maybe she doesn’t understand the importance of her support to you. If you feel like you can’t talk with her about it maybe write a letter? Does the school you go to have a guidance counselor or other type of counselor? They might be good to meet with to talk about these things with. They can be a great source of support too. Sending hugs to you. You have been through a lot and you are brave to be seeking support like this. xo, j

U

Upsaddo

I havent talked the guidance counselor. I always been too scared. I told her I always needed her support, but She has always been very defensive when it comes these types of situations especially when the abuser is someone she knows personally i talked to a teacher( i also told my friend he is also very supportive and wants me to get a therapist as soon as i leave my mother) about it she has been very supportive but understands if i dont wanna tell anyone thank you for the support!

JessisMe

JessisMe

I havent talked the guidance counselor. I always been too scared. I told her I always needed her support, but She has always been very defensive when it comes these types of situations especially when the abuser is someone she knows personally i talked to a teacher( i also told my friend he is also very supportive and wants me to get a therapist as soon as i leave my mother) about it she has been very supportive but understands if i dont wanna tell anyone thank you for the support!
Would you be open to going to your guidance counselor and talk with them about it? They might be a good support for you if your mother is unable to be a support. Some people just don’t have the temperament to be very supportive, unfortunately. The guidance counselor might be able to give you the support your Mom cannot provide. xo, j

U

Upsaddo

Ill try to give it a chance. Just a bit worry since I still go to school with the people who did these things.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Ill try to give it a chance. Just a bit worry since I still go to school with the people who did these things.
I went to my schools guidance counselor when I was younger and they were very kind and supportive. It was a place I always felt safe. I wouldn’t worry too much about the students still being in school with you. You don’t have to say who they are if you don’t want to. It might be nice just to be able to talk with someone about it who can provide support to you and who understands. xo, j