• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do I let go of negative emotions following split from partner...

T

TimeOutForTina

I feel he screwed me over, basically messed me about before finishing the relationship over text (not good).
My sense of worth isn’t the highest, I struggle with anxiety and really didn’t need him letting me down.
I realise it’s for the best but how do I reconcile this in my mind??

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I feel he screwed me over, basically messed me about before finishing the relationship over text (not good).
My sense of worth isn’t the highest, I struggle with anxiety and really didn’t need him letting me down.
If you were not appreciated then its their loss. Up and onwards ti better things.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Sorry a bit too nonchalant. Breakups are hard but your best days are ahead of you

B

Buna2020

My last ex was the love of my life and when we broke up, it shattered me. It also didn't help that I was being reassured by him that we we were good and he loved me. He had just started a job that was a few hours away so we lived apart and started to be more and more absent like calling less or skipping weekends. When I finally confronted him he said it's not working and that it had been over for him for over a year now. I was devastated.

But, I did get over it. I won't tell you it's easy but it will happen. And you will realise it is for the best and that he doesn't deserve you. I would advise reaching out to friends who care, be gentle with yourself, and be patient.

OCDguy

OCDguy

First and foremost you need to re-gain all the emotional investment you put into this relationship. If he brought qualities into the relationship you might need to find a way of compensating for that to take away any hold he may have on you. Don't become bitter, become stronger by learning any lessons that need to be learned and take them forward into your next relationship. Do you know what is making you anxious, and are there ways to lessen it? At a time like this you need your friends around you, and on this Forum you are amongst friends :)

A

Am33

Yes relationships are tough I had to come to understand through reading about psychology why mine didn't work out. What I learned is don't believe the Hollywood lie we all have grown up with "Happily ever after " not reality relationships are about growth .They are a great tool to mirror back what we are sending out and seeing the lessons .Otherwise people will go out and find another person just like the last one until they learn that lesson .