• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How do I know FOR SURE if my phone is being monitored or not?

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

Please anyone with knowledge or experience...how can I check if there is some way it's being monitored? I understand this is something I've been feeling for years and years now and that it may not be true..but how do I check?

I've already read some online, I have an android so I checked in the apps list and battery usage to see if there is any weird app that runs in the background, but I don't see anything like that.

What made me anxious about this is because when I went to sleep last night I had some unchecked notifications (I heard my phone but I didn't check them as I was going to sleep) but when I woke up they weren't on the lock screen anymore. It doesn't seem like a timeout thing because they'be been left unchecked for hours longer.
Also, while on a voice call through a social media app, the other person told me I sounded static-y and my phone battery has been running out quicker. This phone is a few years old but this stuff seems to be really sudden.

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

Hi FlowerBox.
I don't know anything about phones being monitored, but regarding your call through a social media app, I often have the same problem with it sounding a bit static-y when I talk to my mum via one. Also, it does seem to drain my battery a lot more than a normal call. Although if your phone is a few years old, it's highly likely that your battery is less efficient anyway.
Hope this helps a little!

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

Hi FlowerBox.
I don't know anything about phones being monitored, but regarding your call through a social media app, I often have the same problem with it sounding a bit static-y when I talk to my mum via one. Also, it does seem to drain my battery a lot more than a normal call. Although if your phone is a few years old, it's highly likely that your battery is less efficient anyway.
Hope this helps a little!
Thank you..yeah the battery drains quickly even when I have no apps open or anything I hope it's just from the phone being a few years old. Do you both hear the static or just one of you? When I was on the phone, the other person told me there was a static but I myself didn't hear it...

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

It depends who makes the call. It seems to be the one on the receiving end that hears it more.