• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How do I help my brother.

• Thread starter Worriedsister89
  • Start date
W

Worriedsister89

My brother was diagnosed with bipolar a few years ago after my sister committed suicide. About a month ago his wife filed for divorce after being married for 18 years. Tonight is a bad night again. His wife adked him to take something to her new house which ended up him begging her to take him back. Of course she said no for the millionth time. He lives on his own. He sees a psychiatrist and a psychologist but it doesn't seem to help. He feels like he has nothing to live for anymore. How can i help him overcome this illness. How can i telk him that in time someone will love him again. He feels he doesn't deserve to be loved and women will run for the hills if he tells them he has a psychological problem.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and Welcome to the forum. What your brother is going through is very tough. He needs to grieve for his marriage breaking up and it is like a grief when things like this happen.

As for his bipolar, I am diagnosed bipolar too and know that the medication regime I am on helps immensely to keep me balanced and not swinging up and down. Does your brother get mania and depression quite often? How you can help him is to be there for him, listen to him and suggest he lets himself feel lost for a while. It will get better but you are right, a recent trauma often leads to another episode with us.

It seems there is good care in Namibia.

B

benjoy

Merhaba, endişeli bağlanma ile ilgili bir sorun var gibi görünüyor.

F

Failing Heart

My brother was diagnosed with bipolar a few years ago after my sister committed suicide. About a month ago his wife filed for divorce after being married for 18 years. Tonight is a bad night again. His wife adked him to take something to her new house which ended up him begging her to take him back. Of course she said no for the millionth time. He lives on his own. He sees a psychiatrist and a psychologist but it doesn't seem to help. He feels like he has nothing to live for anymore. How can i help him overcome this illness. How can i telk him that in time someone will love him again. He feels he doesn't deserve to be loved and women will run for the hills if he tells them he has a psychological problem.
I’m sure he is feeling very alone...like no one understands. Sometimes when I open up to someone, I just want to understand that they know I’m in pain....I’m not really looking for solutions or “the bright side”. I just want to hear that someone else sees my pain and recognizes that it’s real and deep (even if it seems over the top or dramatic).