• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How do I get over severe anxiety I can’t eat,I can’t sleep an I’m always worried

anex

anex

Yo, same. It really sucks. I’m sorry you’re going through it, too. Talking about what is making me anxious helps me, as well as guided meditation and breathing. If I feel the anxiety in my body a lot and feel tense and trembly, I shake it out. Shake my arms and hands, dance, run in place. It helps.
I’ve been struggling to eat and sleep, too. Have you tried snacking more frequently? Smaller, more nutrient-dense meals or snacks. Making big batches of food to last for a few days. It’s annoying, but it helps having one less thing to do.
Do you like to read? Sometimes I get sleepy if I’m reading in bed. Sometimes I drink sleepy time tea.
All of these are small suggestions, but it’s all about daily management and staying consistent. I know it’s really hard, though.
Do you want to talk about what is worrying you so much and causing this anxiety?

OCDguy

OCDguy

Aswell as talking about it, some people think that not allowing anxiety to get the better of them helps, i.e. continue as if you weren't suffering and struggling with it. Sitting down and concentrating on it, can sometimes add to the problem if there is no obvious solution for it in that particular moment...

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I realise that you are in the States, i would seriously advise, you book an appointment for your GP meaning general doctor, and explain to them, they will be able to assess, and draw up medication which will be suitable. I would highly recommend Pregabalin, and I take 75ml, in capsule method.

I do hope you'll feel better eventually. The first thing you have done is to reach out to us, here at MHF, that is the first important, step, to communicate, to let us know how you are not feeling/doing.

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

Medication worked for me but I had to find the right one.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
become curious about your worries. let them come up into the light and examine them more deeply.

make friends with them and have a conversation. find out what they really want.

E

EclipticNight

Aside from medications and breathing when it hits ive spent years creating mental blocks and safeguards that allow me a measure of control. I found ways to walk into a situation that terrifies me without a second thought, which is one of the keys, i dont think on it.

Empish

Empish

Hi, this is basically to anybody that suffers from bad anxiety, social anxiety and social phobia.
I suffered from all 3, on and off, over a 25 year period until I discovered I had food intolerances that effect my nervous system and cognitive abilities to process stress.
First off though I would just like to say, if you have been a shy person all your life you probably have a idea of everybody else being all sorted, well rounded, nice people. WRONG!
Most people are pretty horrible..liars, users, fakes, bullies, game players and just generally not worth getting to know or worry about. If you are shy/anxious there's a very good chance you are probably nice, decent and possibly even an absolute all-round wonderful human being. If this rings true with you you should feel very, very grateful for that because, trust me, that's not very common.
Ok, back to the food intolerances. Nightshade vegetables, especially tomatoes and tobacco, have a really horrible effect on my nervous system. It causes a very intense anxious, irritable and slightly angry feeling deep in the core of my belly (where the nervous system is). It was constant! There were years when I literally shook/rattled all of the time. If you want to try eliminating nightshades from your diet there are plenty of websites that can tell which vegetables and fruits contain them. Cauliflower and goji berries are frequently missed out though so look at a few websites to ensure you get the full list. You will only have to eliminate them from your diet for about a week or two to notice a difference. I noticed a big difference after avoiding them for a week. Good luck.

I will write again soon to direct anyone who's interested to a website I am presently assembling concerning another food intolerance I have to tannins.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

Anxiety is a tough nut to crack and it's a common affliction. We're all dealing with it to some extent or another. Medication can help, but the only medication I've found that really addresses anxiety are the opiate derivatives and they're addictive over time. So you can't abuse them, take only when absolutely needed.

Then there are breathing exercises, meditation, trying to be in the 'now' instead of worrying about the future (it's an exercise). Any physical exercise will make you expend energy and focus on NOW instead of worrying, and that helps.

There is no panacea I am aware of, it's a continual process with baby steps along the way. You have to work at it continually. Best of luck