• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How do I get over my ex boyfriend who really hurt me?

M

maidmusic

Here is what happened everything was going amazing for the past 6 months, then I lost my virginity to him then a few days later he didn't invite me to his birthday party he invited all these women and he was laying on them.I found out on Facebook when the photos were posted on face book , photos of him laying on all these women and not invited me to his party. I got angry and said remove the photos he said no I didn't put them up , then I said ask the person who put them up to take them down then he said no she can put on what she wants. Then we met up got so angry and had a massive go at him. Then he was putting on the sob stories and making me feel guilty , he says don't talk to me like that again sweetie or I will never forgive you. He didn't apologize for his actions . I was so angry with him that we argued a lot, then he said I am fed up of these augments , I have got a migraine and the flu, but he went work alright. Then I decided to forgive him and move one from it , but then he went to a family party were all couples was invited . I got augmentative with him then he says I am sick of thees augments. Then I said its simple if you want me to stop getting argumentative with you then include me in parties and stuff instead of manipulating me into feeling guilty, it is not rocket science . Then he said were finished. I noticed that the photos of his birthday party was still their I got really angry and reported all of them.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hey, sorry I meant to reply to this sooner but then couldn't find this thread.

Sounds like you've been really hurt by this experience, and i'm sorry to hear it. :hug1:
To be quite frank, this guy sounds like an arse. The fact that he's taken something so intimate from you and then treated you as if you don't mean much to him is not on.

I really don't want you to take this as me being horrible, i'm only saying this because i've been in a similar position. But it sounds like maybe this guy is/was "hiding" you, so to speak? The fact that he's not presenting you as his girlfriend at that party and also as the family gathering makes me wonder how serious he is/was about it all.
It really sucks to be used like that, and I wish these sorts of things didn't happen. Relationships can be really wounding experiences.

Where are you at with it all? Are you clear that he is an ex and you no longer want to be with him?

I think it's best that you focus on doing things to make you feel better, and to not look back at this guy.

What kind of help do you get from mental health services anyway? It would probably help you to talk about th feelings he's left you with. Do you feel you've got anybody you can confide in? x

S

servantpompey

Sorry I am an older man replying to your thread, but looking back at my own younger years it sounds like he is as many young men are at times - just about playing the field and not exactly out for a long term relationship.

I know women mature earlier in general, so maybe you yourself are looking at long term committment and he is just a young man looking for fun.

I do appreciate though for yourself that this is very raw for you at the moment and as it is first time, yes this will hurt for a period, but you will be able to move forwards and also there will be young men your age who are actually will be more into one girl and that is what they are about, but do understand it is a tough learning curve but when you meet someone else who is more committed to one person,you will most definitely recover from this and feel more comfortable and confident and easier with your new man.

This is just me reading between the lines but this guy doesn't seem to tick the boxes you want ticked.

But yes continue to post as may get more relevant replies from others. Hope that you do get what you want though at some point soon.

blueflames

blueflames

Former member
He sounds like a right dick and that you got played=(

I am sorry that has happened to you, but I think you need to keep away from him for the sake of your own self esteem.

You sound a lovely girl and I believe you had every right to be annoyed with him! Maybe look for someone better, as you deserve better xxx

S

servantpompey

Most important thing maidmusic is that you yourself feel more comfortable and relaxed. Hopefully however you choose to move forwards, most important thing to recognise to do it with absolutely your best interests as key.

You are the most important person in your life.:)