• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

How do i get antidepressants?

S

Spoons

i’m just feeling so low and shitty and a while ago my friend took me to my gp and helped me talk about it in the hopes of getting therapy and getting my add diagnosis relooked at for adhd as all the people close to me don’t believe that it’s not adhd but nothing has happened from this and i can feel myself dropping lower than i have before and i’m thinking about taking anti depressants because otherwise i’m scared i’m going to fuck up my entire a levels because i’m in year 13 and if this keeps going any longer i’m going to be so behind that i’ll never catch up and get good grades because i can never find any motivation to do anything for my work but i don’t know how to ask for medication or who or where and i’m unsure about the cost, i think i’m eligible for free prescription as i’m currently in full time education but i really have no idea where to go or what to say and how to get them now because i really want to do well in my a levels and start being able to do things with my life again because the way i feel is just ruining everything i want to do and i can’t find anything fun anymore

Edinscotbrit

Edinscotbrit

If you`re in Dorset, UK Dorset, you should have a GP. Therefore it will be the NHS. So no charge.

Year 13? I don`t have kids, so not aware of what age group that is??

If under 18, I`m assuming you and your parents will need to approach your Doctor to see if this is the right action to take.

S

Spoons

year 13 is 17/18 last year of school before university. i’m 18 so would i be able to go without my parents

Edinscotbrit

Edinscotbrit

year 13 is 17/18 last year of school before university. i’m 18 so would i be able to go without my parents
Yes, you are legally an adult, so you can.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
So did you get refered for therapy? I would see your GP again and ask again for a referral.
I would write down how you are feeling, how it is affecting your life and what you want and then you can refer to it to just give it to the GP if you freeze in the appt.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 3