• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How do I find a therapist who isn't liberal?

L

liam2432

I get that everyone is different but I feel really drained around energy healer types or Feminist types

If I'm being honest they make my mental health worse but every therapist seems to be that way

Im guessing there's some who are not but I dunno how to meet one

If anyone believers in white privilege or toxic masculinity that would rule them out to be honest

Can anyone help?

J

justabloke

Have you thought about speaking to someone from a religious background? It wouldn't be therapy I suppose but depending on the denomination it could be Conservative which seems to be what you are looking for.

L

liam2432

I get what you mean but I'm not even all that religious, I am a bit but enough to do therapy with it.

I'm not really conservative either, I just hate all the 'woke' middle class, kind of therapists and so far every single one has been that way inclined, I don't think I could cope with another

A

Anxietyhell

There are plenty of therapists around, would have thought there were some to suit you.. It is of course important to find the right one for you... Google or word of mouth

MollyBloom

MollyBloom

I am pretty sure you will find a racist and misogynistic therapist who doesn't accept facts like you do. You need to look better.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Do people find an opposite sex or same sex therapist better? Psychological and Talking Therapies 19
B am i qualified to get diagnosed with ADHD? i want to be sure before seeking a therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 2
T Trouble Finding the Right Therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
S good pure OCD therapist in UK? Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
M What kind of therapist do I need? Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
tartan extreme Therapist cancelled on me for the second time in a month - is this normal? Psychological and Talking Therapies 25
S My therapist pissed me off Psychological and Talking Therapies 6
D What do people discuss in therapy? i don't have anything to discuss with the therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 6
R Therapist frequently needs to talk to co-workers Psychological and Talking Therapies 8
R Connecting with a therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 5
Lavender_Rose Therapist Interview? Psychological and Talking Therapies 19
I Should I go to a therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 2
confusedwanderwaffle Need advice, I feel rejected by therapist and a part of me wants to leave. I’d like some help with how to process this Psychological and Talking Therapies 10
T confusing experience with new therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 8
B My therapist is ill Psychological and Talking Therapies 5
LexLoofer Chat/Text Therapist? Psychological and Talking Therapies 2
S Should I settle for a therapist? Psychological and Talking Therapies 3
T Would you email a therapist between sessions? Psychological and Talking Therapies 3
U The Therapist that Broke Me Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
P Therapist betrayal Psychological and Talking Therapies 4
S Can I give this to my therapist? Psychological and Talking Therapies 2
S I need to my tell my frustrations I feel with my therapist. Psychological and Talking Therapies 3
SoggySlippers Attached To Therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 9
BorderlineDownunder My Therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
shaky How doyou get a therapist in the UK Psychological and Talking Therapies 11
V Opening up to therapist or not is the question Psychological and Talking Therapies 15
H choosing therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 6
N Bad Therapist or good Therapist..?? Psychological and Talking Therapies 7
N Therapist keeps asking how I feel - does it matter? Psychological and Talking Therapies 13
SarahD Can you see a therapist anonymously Psychological and Talking Therapies 7
F My Therapist says I'm done. But I'm not. Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
F My therapist says I'm done. But I'm not. Psychological and Talking Therapies 8
apple My therapist dismissed my concerns Psychological and Talking Therapies 9
M So frustrated by therapist! Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
H CBT therapist question Psychological and Talking Therapies 4
Maya J Not sure about my therapist! Psychological and Talking Therapies 8
SomersetScorpio Annoyed with therapist - opinions? Psychological and Talking Therapies 12
W What To Talk About At The First Meeting With A Therapist? Psychological and Talking Therapies 5
T What does my therapist mean? Psychological and Talking Therapies 12
Living dead I'm considering seeing a therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 3
T Re: How does your therapist deal with trauma related panic about intimate exams? Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
P getting feelings for my therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
M has your therapist ever hugged you? Psychological and Talking Therapies 4
M first day with new therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 5
N How can therapy work when my therapist is constantly away!? Psychological and Talking Therapies 2
sunflower Family Therapist Psychological and Talking Therapies 5
DarkRiver New Therapist wants letter from GP. Psychological and Talking Therapies 1
Sweetie My therapist, my therapy and my college. Advice Plz. Psychological and Talking Therapies 3