• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How do I deal with perceived rejection? How do I become resilient?

B

Beraulis

I say perceived because quite often, the feeling is in my head. Someone uses a slightly less patient tone than usual, someone's wording is slightly more passive agressive, maybe someone even gets frustrated with me over something.

I take it as rejection.

I've stopped lashing out at people, but instead I shut down and have ill thoughts about myself and whether or not I even deserve a place in the world if I'm really so unloveable.
Just reading what I just typed makes me feel like despite my age, 30, I'm still just some emo tween.

I feel so dumb for being so dependent on the people I like liking me, and I know just because someone is in a mood or doesn't speak the same way they normally do, doesn't mean they hate me or are getting sick of me. But then why does my brain keep telling me that's the case?
Why am I ready to cry or run away whenever someone takes a harsh tone with me?

How can I get more resilient?

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

read my article here

A

Alooftech

Most likely you've been around people who have an avoidant personality that just project and project. You're good, boo.

Miho

Miho

I have the exact same. It happens to me all the time and then I end up running away before they tell me to get lost. But its all in my head or it has a different reason then I think.

Maybe the other person is having a bad day. But it can leave me in a panic and no idea what to do about it sorry.

I guess I wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

P

Purpleplum

Building confidence in yourself will help you. Finding out that it matters what you think of you, not what others think. We can't control others. Believe in yourself.