• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

how do i ask my doc for a certain med?

thing fish

thing fish

he's got me on klonopin for anxiety/panic attacks and it is NOT working. my anxiety skyrockets as soon as i get to work and it is terrible.
i don't really care for xanax but i wanted to try lorazepam(ativan) and see if that helps. i just don't know how to ask for it

J

jekel1

hello

maybe just suggest it ? they can only say no cant they? just say i think this drug may help me and explain why you feel that way, you wont be the first to ask nor the last x:tea:

thing fish

thing fish

maybe just suggest it ? they can only say no cant they? just say i think this drug may help me and explain why you feel that way, you wont be the first to ask nor the last x:tea:
yeah, i think i'm just gonna go for it. i have been reading a lot and it talks about first line treatment with lithium is ativan, not klonopin...i'm gonna tell him what i have been reading and the trouble i have been having with the klonopin and just hope for the best...i need something though cause i can't deal with this anxiety

Beijaflor

Beijaflor

he's got me on klonopin for anxiety/panic attacks and it is NOT working. my anxiety skyrockets as soon as i get to work and it is terrible.
i don't really care for xanax but i wanted to try lorazepam(ativan) and see if that helps. i just don't know how to ask for it
Just ask for it. I wonder if you feel comfortable enough with him that you think you can not ask for a med you would like to try. So, ask him, the worse he/she will say is no. Good luck!