• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how do i ask my doc for a certain med?

thing fish

thing fish

he's got me on klonopin for anxiety/panic attacks and it is NOT working. my anxiety skyrockets as soon as i get to work and it is terrible.
i don't really care for xanax but i wanted to try lorazepam(ativan) and see if that helps. i just don't know how to ask for it

J

jekel1

hello

maybe just suggest it ? they can only say no cant they? just say i think this drug may help me and explain why you feel that way, you wont be the first to ask nor the last x:tea:

thing fish

thing fish

maybe just suggest it ? they can only say no cant they? just say i think this drug may help me and explain why you feel that way, you wont be the first to ask nor the last x:tea:
yeah, i think i'm just gonna go for it. i have been reading a lot and it talks about first line treatment with lithium is ativan, not klonopin...i'm gonna tell him what i have been reading and the trouble i have been having with the klonopin and just hope for the best...i need something though cause i can't deal with this anxiety

Beijaflor

Beijaflor

he's got me on klonopin for anxiety/panic attacks and it is NOT working. my anxiety skyrockets as soon as i get to work and it is terrible.
i don't really care for xanax but i wanted to try lorazepam(ativan) and see if that helps. i just don't know how to ask for it
Just ask for it. I wonder if you feel comfortable enough with him that you think you can not ask for a med you would like to try. So, ask him, the worse he/she will say is no. Good luck!