• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How did you start hearing voices

Z

Zyfa

Started hearing voices and seeing shadows after taking substances,big mistake I made because I was very spiritual now I see everything hear them.how did your voices start?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'd been smoking cannabis for around 20 years but I don't believe it was the reason I started hearing voices, it came pretty much out of the blue for me, it was just a decision my voice made to start talking to me, I believe he's been with me my whole life but was just a hidden observer until three and a half years ago.

Z

Zyfa

Oh,they are strange,i really went deep to find out the source, I went to a psychic,shamen and spiritual healer,we found the source,it looks like a black orb that's capable of shapeshifting and imitating ppl u know,the psychics asked it what it wants, it said it did not want to leave and wanted to destroy my life,it leaves in between dimensions that's why it is audible,i once thought the illuminati caught me for reading into hidden knowledge and conspiracies,now I pray and use Holy Seals and it works,now healing from all there negativty

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
That's really interesting and I'm glad you found your answer, I found a different answer myself but I won't go into that.

it said it did not want to leave and wanted to destroy my life
So you still have to live with your voice on a daily basis? How successful was it at destroying your life and if unsuccessful what is your voice like now knowing you're the one in control?

Mine just randomly says my name around 50 times a day, begs me to talk to him because I've ignored him for so long and he wants to come off medication at some point but I won't let him.

C

CT3

This is an interesting topic to me. Mine started with taking too much Adderall. Started and has not stopped yet. Now I am getting signs and miracles every day. It is like something inside of me is making me look at the clocks at a certain time! Lots of other things. Synchronized with other people too. Though broadcasting too.

R

Ron76

Awake? My late father spoke to me.

L

Lab rat

Its funny how the same story, drugs, keeps popping up. Me too, i was on pretty much anything I could get my hands on. I took a trip (lsd) and so far its lasted 30 years, so ive had my monies worth

N

natalie

Hi Fokls/Hi All,

I first s tarted to "police voices" i was a lost and happily fouind case, via parents, and my brother, and also as he happened to have known at the time, via our solicitor cousin, and I was so to speak st uck in a Police stat ion. It didn't take until late night on the same day, and parents reported me missing, that the Police had a match matching to the description, relat ing to who I was.

I hadn't lost my marbles so to speak, and when asked for phone number Iknew I could jot that down, there was also a Police radio messive. Didn't take until very late night, until when father in his well years, could then collect me.

During between 2004 and 2007, i was always on and off, much more on though hearing Police talk wihtin me, so meaning Paranoia, and it disturbed me very much so.

On the right sort of me dnow, from 2007, these years, I'm very well, Police paranoia wise, and or if a siren pops up, I don't jump. I still do have the odd problem of helicopters here and t hre.

I hope all are well, and I use my old cunning trick t hese years, listening to music, always works, very well. And right medication.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all.

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

This is an interesting topic to me. Mine started with taking too much Adderall. Started and has not stopped yet. Now I am getting signs and miracles every day. It is like something inside of me is making me look at the clocks at a certain time! Lots of other things. Synchronized with other people too. Though broadcasting too.
On gosh mine was Addy's to they said it would go away after the drugs got out of my system well that was a lie.

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

Hi Fokls/Hi All,

I first s tarted to "police voices" i was a lost and happily fouind case, via parents, and my brother, and also as he happened to have known at the time, via our solicitor cousin, and I was so to speak st uck in a Police stat ion. It didn't take until late night on the same day, and parents reported me missing, that the Police had a match matching to the description, relat ing to who I was.

I hadn't lost my marbles so to speak, and when asked for phone number Iknew I could jot that down, there was also a Police radio messive. Didn't take until very late night, until when father in his well years, could then collect me.

During between 2004 and 2007, i was always on and off, much more on though hearing Police talk wihtin me, so meaning Paranoia, and it disturbed me very much so.

On the right sort of me dnow, from 2007, these years, I'm very well, Police paranoia wise, and or if a siren pops up, I don't jump. I still do have the odd problem of helicopters here and t hre.

I hope all are well, and I use my old cunning trick t hese years, listening to music, always works, very well. And right medication.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all.
I find singing songs in my mind keep the voices at Bay especially when I'm nervous.

SchizoaffectiveCat

SchizoaffectiveCat

Well, there wasn't really a reason for mine to start. I was twelve, had never taken anything, but I started hearing God one day, after praying. Had just changed school, so maybe It was the fear of the new situation, school was already very traumatic for me at this point.