• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How did you know you had the illness?

EdEd

EdEd

If you see people talking about you and they're looking at you and speaking about you , then yes it is real... if you're hearing information on tv and apply it to your own life.. then yes its real... but you've got to change how you percieve the information around you.

EdEd

EdEd

I hear voices..yes I truly hear them yes they're real..

EdEd

EdEd

To me.. but they dont exsist within normal peoples realities

T

Tvgirl

If you see people talking about you and they're looking at you and speaking about you , then yes it is real... if you're hearing information on tv and apply it to your own life.. then yes its real... but you've got to change how you percieve the information around you.
Ok. Let me explain it to you again.
1. The tv talks about me. They say mean things about me. They comment on my thoughts. It's not like secret messages, they are actually talking to me and about me.
2. The world is watching me on a hidden camera and everywhere I go they are talking negatively about me. They are commenting on things I do throughout the day. They comment on my thoughts.
3. I can't find a camera anywhere so what should I do? People are watching me somehow.
I know you said CBT and I'm going to try that but it's so hard. The only answer to this is that I have a camera implanted in me somehow.

EdEd

EdEd

I've decided not to engage any further. I've done a terrible job today trying to express my thoughts clearly and you should disregard everything I've said today. Except for CBT. Good luck.

T

Tvgirl

I've decided not to engage any further. I've done a terrible job today trying to express my thoughts clearly and you should disregard everything I've said today. Except for CBT. Good luck.
It's ok. I understand what you were conveying to me. Thankyou for your help.

L

linus

Ok. Let me explain it to you again.
1. The tv talks about me. They say mean things about me. They comment on my thoughts. It's not like secret messages, they are actually talking to me and about me.
2. The world is watching me on a hidden camera and everywhere I go they are talking negatively about me. They are commenting on things I do throughout the day. They comment on my thoughts.
3. I can't find a camera anywhere so what should I do? People are watching me somehow.
I know you said CBT and I'm going to try that but it's so hard. The only answer to this is that I have a camera implanted in me somehow.
1. It’s obvious that you hear this. What I challenged before is that nobody is actually talking, but you hear your inner thoughts (not something conscious, so you can’t easily accept that you have such thoughts)
2. This is only your supposition, you didn’t see anybody watching you, this is a result of some assumptions that you take granted for as reality
3. Again this is your assumption, you a believe your feelings more than reality checks

Kats

Kats

Ok I actually HEAR people talking about me. I don't THINK people are talking about me, I actually hear them talking about me. And these are people I dont even know. They talk about things I do at home. Things I think and they all make the same comments everywhere I go. They all say mean things. The TV actually talks about me. I dont think they are talking about me on TV, they are actually commenting on my thoughts and things I do. I hear everything I'm thinking being said on tv. It's better now. It was worse when it first started off like 3 years ago. I was the topic of all conversation and I was being talked about all over tv. It's quieting down some. As far as my grandparents, they are saying things that i dont feel comfortable to say but they comment on my thoughts. This is tough.
I also had the same experience. I thought the local mayor was stalking me since we bumped in a party once or twice. I told my friends and it circulated. I am so embarrassed about it. I told my family they might kill me. My uncle just said I need psychiatric help at that time I didn't think I did. People kept telling me it's all in my head but I stood on my belief that it's really true. Some lodge of masons are reading our thoughts watching our moves.
It's the source of my depression becus my friends know I said I think the mayor is stalking me. It sounds looney. Once the voices stop and sanity sets in. We will regret

I'm just sharing my experience but don't follow me. God I hope you won't. Becus until now I suffer the embarrassment.
I know what it feels like. I really thought there was a hidden cam passing as some furniture in the house like a clock with a camera. The voices won't stop and they sound so real. You're thoroughly watched inside ur home where u can't rest. And in the mind where u can't have the safe space. When u go out the people are there pointing things out. I understand. But don't wait for too long like me 7 yrs until I no longer believe it.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I remember waking one morning with a loud pounding in my head. Then I started hearing voices telling me I was different from everyone else. I still have this. 😪

T

Tvgirl

1. It’s obvious that you hear this. What I challenged before is that nobody is actually talking, but you hear your inner thoughts (not something conscious, so you can’t easily accept that you have such thoughts)
2. This is only your supposition, you didn’t see anybody watching you, this is a result of some assumptions that you take granted for as reality
3. Again this is your assumption, you a believe your feelings more than reality checks
The reality check is that I can't find the camera. When I was out once, this guy told me I need to check my body. My only question is, how does a camera live in the human body and record. I can't find anything.

T

Tvgirl

How many yrs have u been going thru it?
3 years
I also had the same experience. I thought the local mayor was stalking me since we bumped in a party once or twice. I told my friends and it circulated. I am so embarrassed about it. I told my family they might kill me. My uncle just said I need psychiatric help at that time I didn't think I did. People kept telling me it's all in my head but I stood on my belief that it's really true. Some lodge of masons are reading our thoughts watching our moves.
It's the source of my depression becus my friends know I said I think the mayor is stalking me. It sounds looney. Once the voices stop and sanity sets in. We will regret

I'm just sharing my experience but don't follow me. God I hope you won't. Becus until now I suffer the embarrassment.
I know what it feels like. I really thought there was a hidden cam passing as some furniture in the house like a clock with a camera. The voices won't stop and they sound so real. You're thoroughly watched inside ur home where u can't rest. And in the mind where u can't have the safe space. When u go out the people are there pointing things out. I understand. But don't wait for too long like me 7 yrs until I no longer believe it.
Sorry you had to go through that. It must have been so scary. I'm going through that now.

T

Tvgirl

I remember waking one morning with a loud pounding in my head. Then I started hearing voices telling me I was different from everyone else. I still have this. 😪
Have you seen a doctor and started meds?

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Read post #306 again on this thread:

Big hugs :hug: Hang in there, TVGirl xxx