• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How did you know you had the illness?

EdEd

EdEd

So in other words.....ai-article-pic10.jpg
A superior mind exists within torture.

EdEd

EdEd

Sorry @Tvgirl none of that was directed toward you... let me tell you the problems I deal with..and please give me your opinion.. so it can distract you away from your worries.. I constantly worry about making a telepathic connection... all the time... I worry about connecting to other peoples dreams from time to time... I worry that if someone else hears my thoughts it could seriously damage them... I worry about thinking the wrong way and I constantly feel as if I have to state I'm not a telepath... like the system doesnt already understand that... or something.

Memememememememe

Memememememememe

An interesting question, I still don't know, I got all the symptoms of schizophrenia but I've only dared to tell my doctor all of the others except hallucinations because I'm afraid of the concequences but they keep asking me and the last time I acted so weirdly about it that they must suspect something and now I'm scared to go there because I know they'll grill me about it. I feel guilty for not telling but I'm scared. This isn't even my only problem... It's just something on my mind... What is my diagnosis...?

Zero One

Zero One

I became aware that I was not functioning well and something is wrong with me, even if it is mind control.

Memememememememe

Memememememememe

Adding to my post, my doctor thinks I got it but I haven't gotten a diagnosis because I haven't told about my hallucinations...

T

Tvgirl

Adding to my post, my doctor thinks I got it but I haven't gotten a diagnosis because I haven't told about my hallucinations...
Well there's your answer. Tell your doctor about your hallucinations and let him properly diagnose you.

Memememememememe

Memememememememe

I'm really scared to admit it because I'm paranoid about concequences.

Passionflower

Passionflower

When a psychiatrist, that I trusted, diagnosed me with it.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

When I was in my early 20s my mind split in two. My doc being classicist pronounced - You have 'split mind' or as I like to say 'schizophrenia' !!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
for a while i heard voices. then i went into hospital was put on largactol. i thought hearing voices was a symptom of schitzoprenia and i'd read enough to know largactol was for schitzoprenia

last time i was in hospital they'd caught the yorkshire ripper i said to the psychiatrist they say in the papers he hears voices and sees coloured lights they say he's schitzoprenic, the psychiatrist said i see coloured lights when i sneeze, i said i'm schitzoprenic aren't i then shouted why won't you tell me the psychiatrist left the room then came back in 5 minutes

in outpatients i said i'm schitzoprenic the psychiatrist said you knew that already, i said it's incurable he said so are epilepsy diabetes and sickle cell anaemia they're all incurable but can be controlled as long as you take the drugs you can lead a normal life

40 yrs on benefits in social housing normal life?

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
I thought the people from work had broken into my house. I was roaming around naked up the highway at 3am in the morning trying to harm myself. Some how I snapped out of it and went to emergency. Very lucky. Ive had a few funny turns but that was the most strange at my limit

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

I had huge successes in life and in business. Then September 11th..death after death..

Then Hurricane Katrina.

Then my grandparents passed.

I was hospitalized with depression.

Never tried to harm myself. But felt such a deep sorrow and sadness inside. Barely holding on. As if the pure sadness was killing me.

I cried almost all day non stop. And looking back now. Its not healthy to cry for hours on end.

I love a good cry. But not when you are no longer functional.

I had discovered time travel. But not like I ever thought.

We each are the sole traveler; of our minds.

I remember thinking to myself. There had to be something I could have done.

I built a flight simulator at home. Every weekend since 2001. I fly the missions of September 11th in an F16.

I can personally hit 4 targets with the most basic payloads. Departing from the nearest military facilities.

I have been flying that mission for 19 years. Almost 20.

Its a personal thing. I attribute it to feeling that the universe changed that day. At times I am im tears during my missions.

I play until it hurts in my soul. I cry. Then I stop.

But I feel like I owe it to the many innocent lives lost that day.

Sometimes I question myself. Sometimes I embrace myself.

I have accepted that I may fly this mission for the rest of my life.

Its part of my therapy.

I built it out of an old computer. And random furniture pieces from around my garage. I have accurate surround sound. It swivels like the actual plane.

I don't know.

Its like me stopping the Kennedy assasinations.

Its therapy.

I believe that these moments in our human history. Hurt me beyond the physical. Mentally into my soul.

I grew up looking up to King Arthur and the Knights of justice.

The good guys always win....

Part of me wields that sword of honor each day. And in all things.

I have a PHD in this.

Life. Works. In its own way.

I am a full expert. Author. Yet still. Battle with coping daily.

I never thought I could find a place like here; to talk about these things. Common to us but taboo to others.

I don't feel ashamed about it. I embrace it.

One day. The voices died.

I woke up from the spell.

I attribute it to a brain overload. Stress. More than any traumas. But of course. Its the traumas that birth stress.
So its a balance.

Like the force.

T

Tvgirl

@Tvgirl What do you think I should do?
Well I think you should continue to ignore it because it's not real. Even though sometimes people can actually tell what's on our mind. I'm learning to keep my mind locked. But what if me thinking like that is just a part of my illness. So yes continue to ignore it because you definitely can't read anyone's mind and no one can read yours.