• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How concerned should i be for my safety WRT these delusions?

L

LoobyFlowers

Hi, I hope this is ok to post here. I'm looking for advice regarding a sensitive topic.

My aunt has schizophrenia and has for many decades, she's prone to delusions but recently they have been centred around me and my mum - her sister.

My aunt is very co-dependent with my mum and they spend alot of time together, she doesn't like it when mum spends much time with me and my children as she sees it as me taking her away from her. This means I don't have much of a close relationship with mum these days sadly.

I'm expecting a baby in just over a week and mum has offered to look after my existing children for the morning at my house so my partner can be with me for my cesarean section. I have PTSD from a precious traumatic birth so I'm keen not to go through it alone.

The problem is, when I was speaking to my aunt on the phone the other day she came out with some worrying things. She made it clear she doesn't want mum to look after my chilren for me and she's got it into her head that I've been telling mum to kill her, and that somebody is going to hurt mum. She implied that if anyone hurt mum she would smash their head in and wouldn't serve a day in prison because of her medical record. It seemed like a veiled threat to me.

Alot of word salad but what's clear is that she needs an urgent med review (mum claims she is taking her meds but I'm not convinced) and I've become a focal point of her delusions.

I spoke to her again the following day and said I'm concerned about what she's coming out with and asked whether she truly believed that. She said no, it was just dark thoughts.

Aunt hasn't been violent in quite some time but I feel vulnerable and I'm also concerned for mum. I'm going to report it all to her CMHT as I think she needs intervention, but do you think I need to be worried for my safety and my children's based on the nature of her delusions?

Thank you

S

Sbur333

Hello thank you for sharing. This was an alarming post. As I am a soon to be mother, I would absolutely NOT HAVE my children around your aunt. She is unstable and to be frank....its not your problem. I know that may seem harsh, but she and your mom can figure it out, your job is your family and your own children. If you mom cant see what's happening, you need to just stay away from it and protect your children. As mothers we have a responsibility and you aunt has given off several red flags. I would not allow your children near her. Keep your babies safe <3

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Concerned I may have Schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Forum 12
G Concerned about my Sister Schizophrenia Forum 2
C Concerned sibling of schizophrenia patient Schizophrenia Forum 4
S Should I tell them I have mental illness/depression or schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 12
BEASTMODEWARRIOR I what i truly believe everything should be free, there is no need for commerce, everything is there that you need for free. no money required. Schizophrenia Forum 8
P What should I do? Schizophrenia Forum 16
W Should I go back on the depot? Schizophrenia Forum 7
P Should he be sectioned ? Schizophrenia Forum 14
lifecangetbetter anyone else think they should do mercy killings for us? Schizophrenia Forum 48
gt86 Should I be thinking this far into the future Schizophrenia Forum 2
P Should I tell my psychiatrist? If so, how? Schizophrenia Forum 11
S My best friend has signs of Psychosis. What should I do ? Schizophrenia Forum 10
B TRIGGER WARNING, Health anxiety sufferers should not read this! Does it look like schizophrenia or dementia? What do you think? Schizophrenia Forum 13
K what should you do when the voices harass you Schizophrenia Forum 6
hORIzonFINK210 connection should never be overlooked> Schizophrenia Forum 2
L Always catches me out, I should know better! Schizophrenia Forum 0
B What should I do? Schizophrenia Forum 4
J I'm in crisis. What should I do? Schizophrenia Forum 9
Micsodi Please give me some advice. Symptoms of Schizophrenia - in transition. In remission, truly, but I am at a Romanian hospital. Should I try for pension? Schizophrenia Forum 6
EddieH Should I let my psychologist read my posts on this forum? Schizophrenia Forum 17
Q Depot has left a lump. Should i call and tell my nurse. Schizophrenia Forum 8
P Should I feel bad about not working? Schizophrenia Forum 4
F Should I report schizophrenic friend as a danger to himself and others? Schizophrenia Forum 8
P Should You Continue Taking Clozapine If You Have Heart Disease? Schizophrenia Forum 12
P Should Schizophrenics have the right to their own body? Schizophrenia Forum 1
R who should be looking sfter me Schizophrenia Forum 11
F Should people with schizophrenia be offered depot antipsychotics as first line treatment? Schizophrenia Forum 11
N Should I start taking my mood stabilisers again. I'm all over the place mentally apparently Schizophrenia Forum 7
S Don't think I should take antidepressants any longer Schizophrenia Forum 3
J should i stay with current antipsychotics? Schizophrenia Forum 24
S Should people who hear voices be called Paranoid Schizophrenics? Schizophrenia Forum 3
S Been doing everything thing I should then start to crack Schizophrenia Forum 1
P Earth should be gone. Schizophrenia Forum 1
V Should I seek help? Schizophrenia Forum 3
O People in Power should not have Schizophrenia and Why! Schizophrenia Forum 2
Not_Crazy_Yet Well good morning, or should i say good afternoon for those in the U.K.? Schizophrenia Forum 18
O Should l fill out my webpage profile? Schizophrenia Forum 4
S Should I lower my dose ??? Schizophrenia Forum 2
E Maybe I should comply to orders? A queston I submit to like a regular stooge. Schizophrenia Forum 6
S Psychiatrist thinks I should be on meds for life Schizophrenia Forum 6
G Should I tell my doctor Schizophrenia Forum 13
E Two Books That Should Be Required Reading Schizophrenia Forum 55
F Recovery, not progressive deterioration, should be the expectation in schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
G What should I say to a doctor? Schizophrenia Forum 3
F Should pregnant women take stuff in the hope that it will stop a child from developing mental illness ? Schizophrenia Forum 1
T Friend told me he thinks he might have Schizophrenia. Not sure what I should do. Schizophrenia Forum 1
L Should I seek help or deal with this myself? Schizophrenia Forum 8
O Should e-cigarettes be available on prescription to help with negative symptoms of schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 2
T What should I do? Help! Schizophrenia Forum 2
bert tomato What should I do? Schizophrenia Forum 3