How can you tell if you suffer from schizophrenia?

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

As per thread tittle

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

Delusions too. Please see a psychiatrist for more information. :hug:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

with my limited understanding, without googling, you also find it hard to stay connected in the world

let me use google, google could explain it better than i can

fazza

fazza

Well it is very difficult to tell if you are referring to self diagnosis. A lot not all but lets say most loose the insight that helps us recognise that we are ill. Usually other people notice that our grip on reality has changed and they normally stage an intervention or third parties such as the police or social services will pick us up.

My insight pretty much goes but i do see the warning signs I guess now that i have had this illness for so long. Increased irratability/anxiety. Also I get what i call HD vision. its as if my eyes can scan enviroments (terminator style) and spot threats and analyse situations. My voices normally remain constant so its hard to notice an increase.

fazza

fazza

in other words. you cant tell in most cases as schizophrenia causes us to loose touch with reality and perception is reality, So if reality changes then perception forms around this new reality making thing to appear normal

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Well it is very difficult to tell if you are referring to self diagnosis. A lot not all but lets say most loose the insight that helps us recognise that we are ill. Usually other people notice that our grip on reality has changed and they normally stage an intervention or third parties such as the police or social services will pick us up.

My insight pretty much goes but i do see the warning signs I guess now that i have had this illness for so long. Increased irratability/anxiety. Also I get what i call HD vision. its as if my eyes can scan enviroments (terminator style) and spot threats and analyse situations. My voices normally remain constant so its hard to notice an increase.
Nah I wouldn't ever self diagnose I'll leave that to the doctors

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
It's really hard at first. It's normally the loved ones around you that notice something strange going on. When I had my first episode I was out of it. Had no idea what I was experiencing and that it was psychosis/schizophrenia. Luckily my parents noticed it and took me to a psychiatrist, that's how I was then diagnosed.