• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

how can i tell my psychiatrist now?

H

healthhope

i've suffered with delusions and paranoia for afew years. i haven't told my psychiatrist, nurse and social worker alot of this till recently. i have ONCE lied saying i heard voices. THE REASON I LIED WAS BECAUSE I COULDN'T COPE WITH THE PARANOIA E.G THINKING I'M BEING FOLLOWED, THAT THE HOUSE WAS BUGGED ETC.

i thought it was them setting me up with these things e.g. sending people to follow me.. This meant i couldn't trust them. i thought if i told them they would make the tests more difficult to detect. i thought if i kept quiet i would have a better chance of succeeding. Now they come across strongly as they don't believe me. what should i do. i break into a cold sweat everytime i have to see them.

i was so paranoid i was being persecuted i called up the police, fire brigade etc for what i saw as a threat. i have spent the last few years reliving the trauma of the place where i broke down. i was on a nursing course and i thought the staff were abusing their patients.

when i was admitted to hospital i ended up reporting anything i saw as a abuse. my nurse etc can't understand the context of a lot of my behaviour so they think i'm a time waster and a drain on resources. they no longer appear to want to help me. what can i do?

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Just tell the truth.It'll be fine.

T

Twylight

Yep, be honest
Paranoia is horrible and there is medicine for it