• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

how can i tell my psychiatrist now?

H

healthhope

i've suffered with delusions and paranoia for afew years. i haven't told my psychiatrist, nurse and social worker alot of this till recently. i have ONCE lied saying i heard voices. THE REASON I LIED WAS BECAUSE I COULDN'T COPE WITH THE PARANOIA E.G THINKING I'M BEING FOLLOWED, THAT THE HOUSE WAS BUGGED ETC.

i thought it was them setting me up with these things e.g. sending people to follow me.. This meant i couldn't trust them. i thought if i told them they would make the tests more difficult to detect. i thought if i kept quiet i would have a better chance of succeeding. Now they come across strongly as they don't believe me. what should i do. i break into a cold sweat everytime i have to see them.

i was so paranoid i was being persecuted i called up the police, fire brigade etc for what i saw as a threat. i have spent the last few years reliving the trauma of the place where i broke down. i was on a nursing course and i thought the staff were abusing their patients.

when i was admitted to hospital i ended up reporting anything i saw as a abuse. my nurse etc can't understand the context of a lot of my behaviour so they think i'm a time waster and a drain on resources. they no longer appear to want to help me. what can i do?

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Just tell the truth.It'll be fine.

T

Twylight

Yep, be honest
Paranoia is horrible and there is medicine for it

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Should I tell my psychiatrist? If so, how? Schizophrenia Forum 11
M when to tell someone you are dating you have schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 7
THE MANDALORIAN Every One Wants To Tell Their Story. Schizophrenia Forum 4
THE MANDALORIAN Money or death? Death or pride? You tell me. Schizophrenia Forum 3
Hello513 Do not let society tell you what you can and cannot do Schizophrenia Forum 1
soulsearcher How can you tell if you suffer from schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 10
Q Depot has left a lump. Should i call and tell my nurse. Schizophrenia Forum 8
B Can't tell who's talking Schizophrenia Forum 2
B How to tell friends/family? Schizophrenia Forum 10
O Could you tell me a treatment mindmap, please, for this type of schizophernic psychosis? Schizophrenia Forum 7
S Is there anyway I can get my brother to tell me what he really feels? Schizophrenia Forum 3
P When you are there you can't even tell. Schizophrenia Forum 30
F Genetic research into ‘schizophrenia’ – how much can it actually tell us? Schizophrenia Forum 1
K I think I have a speech disorder. Hard to tell. Schizophrenia Forum 10
R Tell me what you guys think. Schizophrenia Forum 3
G Should I tell my doctor Schizophrenia Forum 13
F What Can Hearing Loss Tell Us About Social Defeat, Dopamine Sensitization, and Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 5
BillFish Going to tell him I'm a schizophrenic :) Schizophrenia Forum 1
M Do I tell my son he has schizophrenia? Please help. Schizophrenia Forum 36
F What it’s really like to tell people you have schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 7
R scared to tell pdoc about all my voices Schizophrenia Forum 3
Ven I have a overwhelming paranoia that my therapist and psychiatrist don't believe me and it might be true? Schizophrenia Forum 7
BEASTMODEWARRIOR i realize there is no perfect medication out there no perfect psychiatrist at all. Schizophrenia Forum 12
L If you didn’t get on with your psychiatrist Schizophrenia Forum 23
C Finally had meeting with my psychiatrist Schizophrenia Forum 1
C Psychiatrist appointment Schizophrenia Forum 5
Froggie Frog Stopped going to my psychiatrist? Schizophrenia Forum 14
R Finding a skilled psychiatrist Schizophrenia Forum 5
W weird symptoms my psychiatrist is ignoring. Schizophrenia Forum 12
N My psychiatrist is trying something new. Schizophrenia Forum 3
Mayflower7 Seeing my psychiatrist on Monday. Schizophrenia Forum 22
N How can I persuade my psychiatrist I have OCD instead of Schizoaffective Disorder? Schizophrenia Forum 3
R psychiatrist advice "avoid friends when they have problems" Schizophrenia Forum 6
N I feel like a fraud. Going to open up to the psychiatrist. Schizophrenia Forum 5
ScaredCat The psychiatrist who wanted to make madness normal Schizophrenia Forum 3
N Seeing a private psychiatrist and telling them what I really think? Schizophrenia Forum 4
N I apparently have Schizoaffective Disorder, can I go to a private psychiatrist and get the disnogisis changed because I don't have it? Schizophrenia Forum 6
S What word would describe a psychiatrist? Schizophrenia Forum 10
S Ask your Psychiatrist what their suicide rate is Schizophrenia Forum 2
P Letters from psychiatrist... Schizophrenia Forum 2
N How to discuss 'voices' wilts psychiatrist? Schizophrenia Forum 6
S Psychiatrist thinks I should be on meds for life Schizophrenia Forum 6
F Going to see the psychiatrist this morning, very anxious. Schizophrenia Forum 4
W Can a Psychiatrist commit you if you refuse a blood test? Schizophrenia Forum 6
BillFish Invite psychiatrist to my house? Schizophrenia Forum 11
BillFish Say absolutly anything I want to my psychiatrist ? Schizophrenia Forum 4
M Psychiatrist has said I can come off the meds... Schizophrenia Forum 6
O A psychiatrist thinks some patients are better off without antipsychotic drugs Schizophrenia Forum 8
F psychiatrist meeting Schizophrenia Forum 5
BillFish Psychiatrist wants to drug me to oblivion lol? Schizophrenia Forum 4