• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

How can i help my partner cope with me

B

beautywithin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sometimes im my own worse enemy, there has been things in our relationship that has added to my insecurities and paranoia and because of these past issues i do get paranoid. I blow things out of portion and everything isnt that black and white. Its like im waiting for her to do wrong and she thinks that i think she is some sort of slag that cant be trusted. I jump to conclusions and sometimes once the truth has been shown im like wow i was convinced i was right. Sometimes i feel like im crazy because i believe my reality that was so wrong. I withdraw into myself, when having an episode and they can last a few days to weeks. Sometimes i question everyones motives around me. The only little humans that have not affected my BPD is my child they are my saviours. I know my GF cant cope sometimes and doesnt fully know how to understand me i have said when i know im having an episode because ill have one day or half a day where im hyper excited about nothing. Which when im been normal well not having an episode im pretty goofy anyway but thats extra on them days but then ill suddenly crash. I feel bad she cant cope and i dont know what i can do to help as i explained to her i cant help how i am and i cope they way i know how withdraw and ride it out.

I know no one on here has the answers i feel i just needed to say and get this off my chest, im just sick of having multiple mood changes a day sometimes its just so tiring x

N

Nukelavee

The secret is to control yourself enough she doesn't have to cope with your issues. Like, get control of your triggers and behaviours enough there isn't an issue created.

PetitPois

PetitPois

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Are you in therapy, taking meds or practicing any techniques to help you with your BPD? Trying to gain more control over your illness would help your girlfriend. Also has she read up on your condition at all? If not maybe you could find some good articles on the internet to show her. It is about you taking responsibility for your illness.

I work everyday keeping my BPD under control. It is at the point of being automatic now. I do still have flare ups, but they are few and far between. Most things are minor, I actively challenge my thoughts and bring my thinking back to logic usually.

Though I do have triggers that people unfortunately push. Not on purpose I am sure, but it is pretty painful to deal with. However, I am mostly able to do this myself without it seeping out on to those I care about.

B

beautywithin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am on meds but they are mainly to help me at night im on Trazadone and im normally pretty good with controlling my BPD when i have an episode but my coping device is going quite i cant help it i with draw for a while and my GF struggles with that and i understand why because it is the complete opposite to what im normally like. i have spoken to her sent her some links to read up and told her when i do withdraw not to take it personally i have always coped like this and i would really really struggle to find a new coping device.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C HELP – Refused Medication (UK) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
T Help seeking evaluation & treatment Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
S I'm Experiencing Emotional Distress and Need Help Now Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
C Help my sister has BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
I help/ being insecure about yourself :D Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
J Help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
C How can I help as a favourite person? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
N Help. I want to end it all:( Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
L Please help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
N I want to die or commit suicide so bad... I had an account on a suicide forum but my parents blocked the website. Can anyone help me? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
2 help with antidepressants with bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
M My friend needs help. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
E Insecurity, paranoia and jealousy in a relationship - need help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
I I need some help. Im lost and broken Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
UnstableSolace Letting myself get treated badly, help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
wraziel I want to help a good guy Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
L Please help.. ghosted by boyfriend after miscarriage Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
B Nudes may be leaked (PLS HELP) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 42
L Low Libido, Long-Term Relationships & BPD: HELP Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
K help? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
P Help/does anyone else suffer like this Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
M Can you help with my question please Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 32
V Help 😢 Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 27
R Please help! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 34
V Break up help! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
O I’m about ready to give up on pushing for help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
D Please please can someone help me, in distress Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
P please help! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
Riah3 Please help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 37
C Help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
EarthChild I couldn't help it but ... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
Delilah67 Help! Triggered /selfish/guilty / Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
N Help.... Why am I feeling this way.. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
R i don’t know who i am help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
S Navigating this trigger; please help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 16
C Help in middle of manic episode at work!!! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
A I need Help. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
S I hate my partner Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
K partner is desensitized and no longer patient with me Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
S Problems with partner and life in general **may trig** Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
F Worried about my partner Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
O I think i have bdp and my partner struggles to cope with me Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 36
B partner not understanding / not willing to understand Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
N Does your partner/family /friends point out that its all your fault Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
leekeen17382 What do you do when you’re in a relationship but your partner cannot accept your bpd and shames you for showing symptoms? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
D does anyelse struggle with self medicating with vices to cope? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
P How do you deal with the prospect of a future where all you can do is cope? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
T Just diagnosed with BPD and struggling to cope on a daily basis Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
L How to cope with Paranoia Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
UnstableSolace Can’t cope Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6