How can i get my life back ?

B

Bb2019

I used to have friends when I was in school when I finished there I got a job and lost all my friends . No I'm friendless and jobless for the last 6 years . I so desperately want to start working and being more independent . I rely on my family to leave the house because I'm too afraid to go alone , I'm too scared to apply for jobs because I'd get too anxious to attend an interview and I probably wouldn't be able to pick up the phone if they called back anyway. I just have no idea how to talk to people anymore ....I'm completely paralyzed by fear and I can't even string a sentence together. Anxiety depression and my low self esteem have completely ripped my life apart and I don't know where to begin to repair it , I feel like killing myself to just be done with it because I'm so afraid I have to feel like this forever . It's even made me jealous of my own sister , she's so beautiful and has an amazing social life , loads of friends ,a great boyfriend and she has social anxiety to but she deals with it so much better, it hardly holds her back . I wish I could be more like her but instead I'm stuck feeling like a repulsive pathetic reject . I don't know what to do

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

For me going into a psychiatric hospital did it for me under a good team that will help you through recovery it may seem extreme but it works so i would do that

B

Bb2019

I don't think that's an option for me , there's no psychiatric hospitals where I'm from really just wards within general hospitals where all they do is medicate you up until they're think you won't harm yourself and then send you on your way . I don't want to take medication either , I've tried a few none worked . I feel I'm at a loss

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

life is indeed tough when you have mi. what other people do as normal ....its tough when stage posts in life never get realised and that you are stuck at base camp yeah really demoralising.

and all that is on offer is psychiatric hospitals and drugs....gee really ......for crap sake its the 21 century why are things no further on thats just me reckon i got off at the wrong bus stop as nothing much makes sense in this world

B

Bb2019

Nothing much makes sense to me anymore either. I don't want to go into hospital or take meds, I just want someone to listen to me and help me find coping strategies but my local mental health services only offer me medication and if you refuse to take it they'll only see you once or twice a year for a 5 minute check up if you're lucky and unless you hey I'm gonna go home and kill myself then they couldn't care less....I'm on a waiting list for counseling and a 3 year waiting list to see the psychologist . I need help now though

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

really sorry about this yeah makes me angry that all that is on offer is drugs and labels. when listening would go a long way to making things tollerable .

are there any groups in your local community that offer support these days this it seems is replacing mental health