• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

How are local lock downs effecting you

wollie

wollie

Mental health wise, I'm lucky as I have a PA that takes me walks and a member of the crissis team, so I get out for a walk 3 times a week and I go to work 2 times a week.
But what about others that do not have this support how are you doing.

L

LokiPokey75

Hey wollie!

At first, it was really great. I was on furlough on my job and I spent alot of time working on myself and doing the things I wanted. But eventually, with no close friends or romantic relationships to keep me distracted, I started to get really bored. I've basically been let go of my job and now I'm starting from square one. It's fortunate I live at home otherwise I would never have survived.

I feel purposeless a lot of the time. My writing is what gives me some motivation throughout the day. I'm so glad you're doing okay, wollie. I could be doing a lot worse too so I just try to look at it that way. But I'm scared I won't find any work.

K

khuang

Back when the lockdown was happening in the US, I was handling it pretty well thanks to the internet and my Nintendo Switch. Animal Crossing New Horizons helped a lot of people deal with it all. It is possibly the thing that kept a lot of folks from losing their minds and one of the best things to happen this year. I also enjoyed only working two day a week with only one job compared to five days with two days of me going to two different part time jobs.

I

Ian Haines

Lockdowns are going to come and go, now, for the rest of our lives. There should be a separate section on them, now. They're here to stay.