Housework!!!

M

memeandme

Thought id start a new discussion if anyone is interested on HOUSEWORK. You can talk about dusting,hoovering,washing,washing up etc, wether you love it or hate it, the problems you encounter etc. You can evan share hints n tips.
Ill start with my houswork;
I cant stand it if i dont do it nobody will. especially dusting and hoovering as It always starts my asthma off,ive tried putting a dustmask on but the dust tends to be airbourne for sooo long. ive tried a damp cloth and antistatic cloths polish etc NOTHING WORKS.I have hepa filter in the hoover which once a month have to wash the filters which means emptying the hoover hence more dust. After all that the dust settles where ive just cleaned n back to square one.:mad: So what is the point!!!
Washing just winds me up evan more itll be left on the clothes horses evan though it gets in their way,they will move it a couple of inches to get it out of their way n if it falls on the floor it gets left on the floor,wont evan attempt to fold up n just put on the chair on no lets leave it for me to do:curseyou:.
Nothing gets tidied unless i do it. SOOO FRIGGING PXXXED OFF AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH , one day im going to employ a cleaner!!!!
Sorry rant over :D
Right whos next:D:D

Hellbilly

Hellbilly

Don't start about housework with me lol
I got daughter and layabout boyfriend moved in
I seem to be constantly doing dishes and picking up after someone
Beginning to get on my nerves a little now
Lol
May have to hurt someone with a Hoover soon

R

Rose19602

Hate it! Boring as hell!
Had to do it for 17 years and currently rebelling.
House is a tip and the teenagers and husband are moaning.
Take me out, respect me, treat me nicely and then you might get your shirts ironed and your room hoovered.....but I doubt it!
Do it yourselves!
x

M

memeandme

Lol dont think they realise how much stress they causex

Hellbilly

Hellbilly

Yeah but does it get done????
I tried leaving it then all I get from missus when she comes home is did you forget dishes today??? Is Hoover broken???
It will be soon I can tell you.
Lol

M

memeandme

Im suppose to be putting the clothes away right now they are all on the bed in their piles waiting n i just cant be bothered, then ive got to hoover n wash the floors because the dog bought in a load of mud from the garden(dog is annoying me too). bathroom n toilet is clean enough. have to get it sorted by 2pm bcause have to get dinner n iron my uniform b4 i pick my boy up from school and then go to work till 9 tonight. then tomorrow working all day so i cant do it then, sat n sun have stepsons over n its impossible to do any kind of hw then so monday it is i suppose, cant do it tuesday bcause of college and wednesday is MY day;-)))x

M

magpie

I hate doing housework and I only do it when I get moaned at to do it. I cant seem to get motivated. I am naughty I know but cant help it!

R

Rose19602

I'm also very bad at it...I'm a bit slapdash because it bores me.

Everyone should clear their own mess up...I did it when they were small, but Now!!!!
Forget it! I'm on strike, doing a course, pursuing my own interests and doing my own thing.
I'll cook and do the basics, but individual assistance is only for those with incompetent limbs and brains or those who are unwell....

but No HB, it doesn't get done!
x

Dita85

Dita85

I do all the house work in my house, which sometimes annoys me a bit on principle. But I actually quite like cleaning. This weekend I am going to clean my whole flat. I have bought lots of new cleaning products and I am quite looking forward to seeing how nice it will look when its all clean and sparkly. But yes, I do know I am a weirdo! :)

M

ms bojangles

Nature abhors a vacuum. And so do I. (A great quote I found.) And Quentin Crisp is right - the dirt really doesn't get worse after 4 years. Anyway, my vacuum hates me. Last time I tried to use it, it got terminal indigestion ...can't blame it really.

Have to add, I'm most particular about cat trays, snake vivariums and water and feeding bowls, even if I'm otherwise a slob, AND, slob's tip of all time, the greatest gadget I ever bought was a dishwasher, because you can stow all the mucky dishes inside it and your kitchen looks comparatively neat, he he ;)

amathus

amathus

My mum who is in her eighties keeps her home spotless, in fact she has always been a slave to housework..
She reckons I should at least Hoover and dust everyday... Err NO!
Apparently, using my sweeping brush and pan is not good enough, because it makes the dust..( what dust?!) fly everywhere... I like to use my sweeping brush and pan, for some reason it calms me..

Seemingly I should have a housework routine...WHAT??
She can't understand why it doesn't enter my head to do it...:scratcheshead:..
Me :it doesn't occur to me!

For goodness sake I don't live in a hovel, but there are far more joyful
things to do than flippin housework!

qf.

J

Johnnie

Sorry,that word is unknown to me, must have a look at an online dictionary for clarification.

F

fallen

Judith,
Does your dalek not do it for you? lol
Wish I had a robot to do mine-get sick fed up of it! :yuck: