• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

housebound again,help!

JennyWren32

JennyWren32

So 2 nights ago I asked about balancing physical and mental illness. Well,as a result of my physical illness I have gotten an infection so I'm stuck here again! I won't lie,it's driving me slowly crazy (pardon the pun),I'm stuck indoors,I WAS learning to walk (after a stroke) and I can't frickin' sleep.

I worked so damn hard to be mobile again,it's so frustrating. But I can't say how I feel because it will worry people and I need to get back to work full time,it's one step forward,three back. Worst of all,too much time alone makes my head busy again and I hate that....

What do I do? I don't want to go back down again:(

megirl

megirl

What a hard place to be in.
Are you in a lot of pain? Can you get something to help you sleep. Have you tried mindfulness.
Is there someone you can visit or have them visit you.
Wish i could help more

Kerome

Kerome

Maybe you can try some indoors exercise? During the day I mean. I don't know if you have an exercise bike or some free weights, but sometimes burning off a little physical energy can help quieten the mind and build physical strength. Or you could try Pilates, maybe get a DVD, that can be done without any aids besides a floor.

Or in the evenings a bath is good for trying to sleep. Or some buddhist chanting (don't know about you but I find a little buddhist chanting in Tibetan tends to send me right to sleep).

SarahD

SarahD

Hi

So sorry to hear what you are going through.

Last year I was stuck indoors for nine months with agoraphobia, I have only recently started to go out a bit, not very far yet. I also have mobility and other physical health problems, and everything seems to have got worse with the inactivity. So I really sympathise with you. I am mostly depressed (schizoaffective, bipolar type) and don't tend to do much except go on the Internet because of that.

I can't sleep either. Bloody awful isn't it?

It is so discouraging when you have worked so hard to recover.

At least you can say how you really feel on here. I hope you manage to stay well mentally.

Best wishes, Sarah. :flower2:

JennyWren32

JennyWren32

Thanks guys,I appreciate the response. You're right Nikita,it really does feel like I get one part sorted and then the other falls down. I can usually balance it pretty well but I don't know,it's just getting to me. I'm basically feeling sorry for myself lol,I'll be ok. It's just hard.
Need to try mindfulness again,it helped with the anxiety so it may help with this,thanks Kerome. Thanks all of you,I'm just fed up.

megirl

megirl

mindfulness is a good idea.
I find focusing on my breathing can help and trying to clear your brain letting all those thoughts pass through harder to do but even trying 5 minutes at a time can be useful
Hope you feel brighter soon,
x