House live when grandmother is gone.

R

rigglandhudd

I tried asking sis in law she just said don't worry granny will be here lot longer . Don't worry won't be homeless always be here help you I live with granny and on Medicaid/foodstamps to pay bills.where will I live when she's gone. Stay at granny house and someone pay bills or fix basement up as room stay . Think these are options since sis in law said that?

EddieH

EddieH

I'm in a similar situation. Live with my elderly parents and the thought of being homeless crosses my mind everyday. I've applied for public housing but there is a 10 year waiting list. Had a look being curious about private rentals in virginia and looks like you can get something for a 100 bucks a week, which unreal. Private rentals here in australia are more like $400. Sounds like fixing up the basement and living there or renting it out would be a pretty good option I would take.

vanish

vanish

I’m also in a similar position, except My Mrs and I live with her elderly mum. We have been told when she passes away the house will be sold. I wonder where we will go? I know I have a sort of inheritance coming my way when my dad dies but it’s only a few thousand and would only pay modest rent for a couple of months. I’ve been homeless before and lived rough, I don’t want to end up back there.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I don't know what it's like elsewhere but in the UK getting social housing is a pain but you can get help to get it x

R

rigglandhudd

What if grandmother doesn't set up a will and it's underrated who should get it my brother. Would have to sell it?

R

rigglandhudd

I'm thinking about setting up bedroom in basement of brother's house but sleeping on his couch .do think that would work? His basement doesn't have electricity but could store my stuff there and sleep on couch at night. I need light,TV to sleep with . His wife said don't worry I won't be homeless always have them to help out?so hoping that will work or do it temporary until electricity is fixed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Mental Health Experiences 5
T Mental Health Experiences 2