• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

House emergency

L

Lady Summer Isles

:redface:

Greetings All

Just a quickie. Our house isn't even on the market yet but someone wants to come round and look at it in an hour and a half's time. The place is a tip and I'm panicking like mad, rushing around trying to tidy. We hadn't planned on anybody viewing it for a few months yet. What would you notice first if you were viewing something. Where do I start. So ashamed of how my house has got. Help please
Lady T

lal10

lal10

In my opinion if I was buying a house I'd be more concerned with looking at the house itself and not the tidiness of the current occupant.

I'm sure everything will be fine and as you said if you were not expecting any viewings for months then even if this one doesn't go anywhere it isn't a big deal anyway.

Best of luck

Lal
xx

L

Lady Summer Isles

In my opinion if I was buying a house I'd be more concerned with looking at the house itself and not the tidiness of the current occupant.

I'm sure everything will be fine and as you said if you were not expecting any viewings for months then even if this one doesn't go anywhere it isn't a big deal anyway.

Best of luck

Lal
xx
Thanks Lal

Having to keep stopping and sitting down. Not accomplishing much. Yes your right it doesn't really matter too much right now. Hopefully they will be distracted by the beautiful views.

lal10

lal10

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

The viewers are coming at very short notice so it's impossible for you to do everything, although I completely sympathise and would be exactly the same!

When viewing a house you need imagination to see how your life would fit in to the property and how you would use the house so if they can't see past a bit of mess then that's their problem!!

Keep posting and let us know how things went

Lal
xxx

L

Lady Summer Isles

20 mins to go. Don't think I can do anymore. Hubby just home so he can help a bit, thanks.

L

Lady Summer Isles

Thanks for your replies Lal. I feel so stupid getting wound up so much. The viewing went very well, in fact the person was here for about an hour. We haven't even had our house valued yet but we are in the process of buying a flat in Scotland as a stepping stone and should complete on that at the end of May. We are hoping to rent it out for 6 months or so and my hubby has to get a job up there first which is why we hadn't put ours up for sale yet. This person has to sell their house which is also let out and they are living in rented accomodation here. They said they are definately interested. I'm not pinning any hopes on this as a lot could happen in the next few months but it was encouraging that the viewing went well. We are still going ahead with the work we had planned on doing anyway, some painting and maintenance, but are going to keep in touch with this person and see what happens. Hubby wants to get this house valued fairly soon.
I've had a lot happen recently with my brother having a stroke and some physical problems myself as well as the mental health ones, so I could do with a bit of a calm spell now for a little while. We are hoping to be living in Scotland by the start of next year at the latest if not before. Once again thanks for your reply.
Lady T:flowers:

lal10

lal10

I'm so glad everything went well for you!! I completely understand what you are going through, I know I'd be exactly the same in your situation! Moving is a stressful process for anyone at anytime but you are facing it on the back of many other personal problems so you should congratulate yourself for getting through today at all!!

I really wish you all the best with your plans, keep in touch and stay well.

Lal
xxx