Hot water bottle

chesterking

chesterking

A good friend gave it me for Christmas.
I use to have a hot water bottle when I was a kid. This was when the bed was cold. It felt really good having the water bottles near my feet and legs when I was in the duvet cover. Back then, we never use to have radiators upstairs so it use to get pretty cold.

G

Golden

I'm finding days hard lately so grasping at everything. I've been so ill and so a wreck that I've not used it for years. It's an alternative to I dread to think what.

It has childhood memories for me too. I'm fortunate that those years were happy.

Kerome

Kerome

It's nice to be surrounded by things that carry good memories. The brain is generally better at remembering negative things, so it is good to give yourself some support in remembering the better things. I always buy a few things when I am on holiday for just this reason, if only a fridge magnet.

G

Golden

Indeed Kerome. I have bought straws, a space hopper and today I bought party bags as I'm throwing my older sister a birthday party. I think as a child I was thrilled when I took a party bag home with cake inside.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

My Bro and I always had hot water bottles, in the winter as kids.

There is something very comforting about them, snuggling down at night under the covers. If we had colds, we had Vick's vapour rub as well.

My folks still use hot water bottles, but I don't bother now, unless I have a really bad chill, and can't seem to get warm :)

C

Christobel

When I was little I had a stone hot water bottle. It used to make an almighty crash when you kicked it out of bed!

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

When I was little I had a stone hot water bottle. It used to make an almighty crash when you kicked it out of bed!
Those stone hot water bottles are really cool. You see them a lot in Victorian period dramas. I always think it must have been a tough cookie, rolling over in bed and banging yer foot on it hehe :)